cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Number of days, actually.
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

75Americanclipp
Explorer
Explorer
so you can only drive so many miles, right

jc

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
^ good god! I think I need to move up near my best friend anyway....:B

Mine was $50 for 2 years. Which, considering my '90 Ram Van costs me $180 for 2, is pretty stinkin' cheap - but MI is dirt cheap!

MD also has a 'Street Rod' tag. Neither needs to be inspected ๐Ÿ˜‰

MasterBoondocke
Explorer
Explorer
The deal in MI ...... two options ...

A 10 year plate for 30$. (That is 3$ per year !)

A "forever" Plate ....for 45$ !

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Looks just like a regular plate, but says "Historic" on the bottom center. Costs something around 1/3 of a regular plate. Should have information/application on your DMV's website if your state has such an animal.

75Americanclipp
Explorer
Explorer
so what do you do to get this one and what does it look like

JC

Leeann wrote:
MasterBoondocker wrote:
HOW many people here have taken advantage of the "antique/classic" licence plates that some DMVs issue ?

HUGE savings !

I did - in Maryland they're Historic - HUGE savings is right.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
MasterBoondocker wrote:
HOW many people here have taken advantage of the "antique/classic" licence plates that some DMVs issue ?

HUGE savings !

I did - in Maryland they're Historic - HUGE savings is right.

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Whiknight...

Many pages back you mentioned putting new rubber around the doghouse to seal it. I had the impression you just picked some up from the auto parts store. However... they keep looking at me like I'm. (I am... just poeple don't usually realize it right off the bat) Any chance I could get a little more detail on what you used?

MasterBoondocke
Explorer
Explorer

HUGE savings !

MasterBoondocke
Explorer
Explorer
Trish Davis wrote:

Thanks, Master BD,for the spray bottle idea. I'll do that.

Yeah, I'd figured on a new intake and carb. But if I cannot drive it home --Indianapolis to eastern Ohio-- I will not buy it. Fella says it's good to go, he bought it for an event and if it doesn't sell, he's happy to keep it. It might be in great shape, it might not.

Hi Trish .... it was LATE last night ....I should have added -- that if that exhaust heat crossover passage IS blocked ... it can cost MPG big-time.

Proper air/fuel atomization is a must for the best fuel econ .... and a cold intake manifold is one of the biggest "killers" of mpg out there.

79powerwagon
Explorer
Explorer
Trish Davis wrote:

Then, of course, there're the Wisconsin winters. You are welcome to them.

Black sand & bad winters.. nice to visit, I'll never live there again.

ps: Eric, from bumper-to-bumper is your length.

LOL!!!!:B And thanks for the length!
She ain't purdy, but at least she's slow!

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
79powerwagon wrote:
Trish, my Tioga hasn't been weighed by me yet, but it's registered at 12,000 lbs. My rig is a little guy. I don't know the proper way to measure it, but the house is 12' from the rear of the Dodge cab. So I guess this thing is 20-22' in total length?

I just won't tow anything because the mickey-mouse frame extensions under the rear of the house are simply bolted on! It makes for a perfect hinge if too much weight goes on the rear bumper!

Wow, I cannot believe the rr portion of the MH frame is bolted on!
Where is your bathroom... hope it's the center. Although any water damage (there almost always is) might've kicked off the rust.

Then, of course, there're the Wisconsin winters. You are welcome to them.

Yeah, towing is one of the reasons I will avoid a long overhang behind the rr wheels. Besides, some of the places I plan on, a lager chassis cab just won't fit.

But that is pretty heavy, still. We had an Avion trailer since the time I was born. 20ft, a '60.
My dad pulled it with the '41 Merc for 5 years and he towed it ALL OVER North America.

Literally. Took us up into teh CDN Rockies, Banff & Jasper & Lake Louise, down into the Tetons, Cascades; another trip was all Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge. Then the Canadian Maritimes... my dad had a FIT when some fellow came over attempting to unhitch the rig on the Newfoundland ferry... Poor man. Never touch another person's rig, could be dangerous. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I always remember he said the Avion was light enough, he could pull it anywhere.
He did get it buried in the black sand in Nicolet Nat'l Forest though!
I know you know what I'm talking about. Be surprised how many don't.

Black sand & bad winters.. nice to visit, I'll never live there again.

ps: Eric, from bumper-to-bumper is your length.

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Believe it or not... I have all the original manuals for the AC, stoves, fridge, coach, the "Premium Sound System" (8-track lol) the control panel... even the vehicle manual from Dodge. I'm just looking for an engine service manual to do some of the engine work. Thanks everyone for the links.

79powerwagon
Explorer
Explorer
Trish, my Tioga hasn't been weighed by me yet (since it hasn't moved an inch since I bought it ๐Ÿ˜ž ) but some documents I found in it mentioned 9800 lbs. It's registered at 12,000 lbs (which means nothing except for WI DMV). My rig is a little guy. I don't know the proper way to measure it, but the house is 12' from the rear of the Dodge cab. So I guess this thing is 20-22' in total length?

I don't doubt that the little 360 has the power to tow a trailer as well as push itself down the road, I just won't tow anything because the mickey-mouse frame extensions under the rear of the house are simply bolted on! It makes for a perfect hinge if too much weight goes on the rear bumper! :B

Eric
She ain't purdy, but at least she's slow!

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Master BD,for the spray bottle idea. I'll do that.

Yeah, I'd figured on a new intake and carb. But if I cannot drive it home --Indianapolis to eastern Ohio-- I will not buy it. Fella says it's good to go, he bought it for an event and if it doesn't sell, he's happy to keep it.
It might be in great shape, it might not.

PW, what does your Tioga weigh? Avion has a frame-mounted hitch, rr bumpers are storage for the poop hose. The "Motorvator" weighs 3,245 dry, ACC /Cayo spec sheet says it has either a 150 lb tongue weight or 350, depending on which hitch.

A bike trailer (my Rebel, my daughter's bike, the Avon inflatable + 2 outboards, and whatever else we "need") of, say 6x10, single axle with 15's, that's approximately what I'm looking at hauling.
I hope.