cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,367 REPLIES 8,367

sweetnessmonste
Explorer
Explorer
Leeann wrote:
they're a major improvement, both in visibility and in lack of draw. Plus, they last longer ๐Ÿ˜‰

Exactly!! Plus all the components are sealed, so less maintenance and no chance for corrosion. And they just look better too, imo. I'm a trucker, and I've been a fan of LEDs for years. I actually picked these up for just over $6 each from ryderfleetparts.com. Best price I've ever seen, and not cheap quality either. These are TruckLite (SignalStat).

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! We put LEDs on our rig, too - they're a major improvement, both in visibility and in lack of draw. Plus, they last longer ๐Ÿ˜‰
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

sweetnessmonste
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the clearance lights with new LEDs today.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I took the old Dodge out yesterday. I got invited to a camp out at a friends farm (I could only stay Friday night ๐Ÿ˜ž ). There was bean bag toss, bocce, drinking and socializing. There was also a bonfire. Very relaxing night. The campers thought I got a good deal on the MH. Everyone have a fun safe remaining weekend.

** Camera Phone Picture **

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
That is nice, S-monster. Very nice.

Base of the antenna, clean it good with acetone and scotchbrite pads. Peel off /pull off bits of whatever sealer is on there and scrub it again.
Last, re-seal the antenna base with 3M 4200. That should do you for years.

Eyeteeth --No fair, Steelers were also the first with FOUR.
And 'we' won those just outside of a decade. It took the 49'ers another ten (or nine? .. I forget) years after that to break the 4-record and be the first franchise with 5.

If the Pirates would only get it together... The last time they were good, my Travco was 3 years old. Alas.

sweetnessmonste
Explorer
Explorer
Tioga76 wrote:
What did you use to coat the roof like that?

Plas-T-Cote rubber roof coating by Elixir Industries. I just cut in the edges with a 3 inch brush, and then rolled it with a 9 inch roller.

Tioga76
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job on the roof and the blinds in the overhead bunk area. It all looks really good! What did you use to coat the roof like that? Mine's still aluminum with patching compound all over the place.

Thanks 79powerwagon and Leeann for suggestions on my carb problems; hopefully I will be able to look at it this weekend.
Tioga76

1976 Tioga w/ Dodge 360

overdrive75
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking RV

Well I put new window seals in the cab doors. The original 31 year old ones were toast. So hopefully wind noise is reduced because you couldn't have a conversation in the cab.

So I am ready to rock and roll. Finally.

The hitch that is on it is rated for 6,000lbs. I am going to try an pull my 23 foot enclosed trailer with 3 motorcycles in it as in the fall my wife, and my brother and his wife are going north to ride motorcycles.

Has anybody used an Wieght distribuiting hitch with these sportsman chassis?

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Really nice job on the carpet and roof. Really nice.

On the TV antenna. Someone had already removed ours, but did a half-butt job of sealing it up. We removed the base, cut a piece of sheet metal that fit the hole and bedded it in with 3M 5200, then painted over top. It's really sealed well now.
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

sweetnessmonste
Explorer
Explorer
I've been working on the Tioga, it's starting to look pretty good now.
WooHoo!! New carpet to go with the new blinds and new vents. I still need to replace all the lighting and upgrade my distribution panel and converter.

New roof coating, improved the looks tremendously. It has somewhat of a hack re-roof job from a previous owner on it, the job sealed it with no leaks now, but it's not the prettiest. The whole roof was dirty and mildewed, in these pics I have already scrubbed the front half.

Now after one coat. I need to completely remove the tv antenna. It wont move and was tough to paint under it. Any suggestions? Just remove it and cover the hole with some kind of metal plate?

Still working on the cab area, I have replaced the valve cover gaskets, cap, rotor, and plugs. Now it's off to smog, fingers crossed!!

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a bandwagon Steeler fan for almost 30 years. I might have to find a new team now, as I've always liked 'em 'cause the 1) play smashmouth football, and 2) are often seen as an underdog as they're not flashy... they just get it done. But now that they're the only franchise with SIX... well, that kinda elevates them and I don't know if I feel the same way.

On repairing the tank. If you can get to the leaks, and they aren't hugh cracks (like mine were) drain the tanks and let them dry so the leaks aren't wet anymore. Cut some non stretching material into 1"x? strips and stock up on the Black ABS adhesive. Clean the leak area, and use the ABS cement to bond the cloth strips to the affected area. Use the cement liberally, make sure you soak the cloth strips when applying. It's messy, but done right, it will seal the tank up like new. That's all the shops do.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Trish Davis wrote:
79powerwagon wrote:
goreds2 wrote:
I posted this in another thread but look at this LITTLE old Dodge.

Decent Shape 1975

BLACK? Man, that's gonna be HOT inside there! :B

Yup, that's the (or "a," one of many) Steeler-mobile. I've seen it a couple times.
Football season, the black'd be okay.

gosteelers2
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

CFarrar77
Explorer
Explorer
I will snap some pics this weekend and post them along with what I find and how to make the repairs. If anyone else has the same problem will know how to fix it without problems or hiccups.... I hope
I will post again soon
eyeteeth wrote:
CFarrar77

Can you locate the actual leaks themselves? It's possible to repair some leaks if they're not too major.

If you can see it, snap a picture for us.

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
79powerwagon wrote:
goreds2 wrote:
I posted this in another thread but look at this LITTLE old Dodge.

Decent Shape 1975

BLACK? Man, that's gonna be HOT inside there! :B

Yup, that's the (or "a," one of many) Steeler-mobile. I've seen it a couple times.
Football season, the black'd be okay.

Alas, Leeann has convinced me to stick with white on my Travco.
Mostly, I don't want to cook my cat. ;0)

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
CFarrar77

Can you locate the actual leaks themselves? It's possible to repair some leaks if they're not too major.

If you can see it, snap a picture for us.