cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

UKdodge
Explorer
Explorer
Hey eyeteeth, that's exactly the same as mine 78 motor, 79 - 84 chassis - Mines an 80 titled 81 so the motor had ben lying around for 3 years..... There was a big face lift of the vans in 79, the rectangular headlights lasted until 84, when there was a slight facelight. Most other chassis and body parts didn't change from 79 till the early nineties (94 I think).

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if these old Dodges with the original furnaces "eat up" the propane? My furnace is not forced air (does not use battery etc).

Would be more fuel efficient to have a Mr. Heater and use the little 1 gallon disposable propane tanks? That is the vibe I have gotten reading other threads here but wanted your take since you have the older Dodges.

Note:

I would only the the heater on commutes to High School football road games plus tailgating in late fall early winter depending on how far they advance in the playoffs. It has an attchment where I could hang it on the wall.

Mine is similar to this:

Mr Heater

I have another one like this but I know it is not an option for what I want it for.

Tank Top Heater

Thanks,
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, it's from the second half of a split sure. She's titled as a 79, but there's not a parts place that has listings for a 440 in 79. Yet, when I was looking for headlights, the parts catalogs said the 78's were round...

So... the motor is from 78 (gotta be a left over or something) and the cab itself is a 79.

UKdodge
Explorer
Explorer
Left hand drive. Its a bit of a problem in the UK but I do most miles over the channel in France, Spain, Italy etc, so its perfect there.

Going to finish off panneling the interior today. I'll put pictures on my photo bucket account later.

By the way Eyeteeth - the twin rectangular headlights say the chassis is a '79. 440 is 78 for sure..

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
eyeteeth wrote:
Need some help.

I'm still looking for a replacement exhaust manifold for the passenger side. Needless to say from the picture above... I pretty much need it NOW. the old one is definitely junk.

Anyway... it's a 440, titles as a 79, but pretty much a 78. The casting number is 4041468-D. HELP!

Seems we share the same landscaper.

Uhm... go to sweptline.org and follow the Classified link.

UKDodge, that's a great rig.
Right or left hand drive?

UKdodge
Explorer
Explorer
I have an exhaust manifold in my shed. The shipping would be ridiculous though....

Front belt definitely goes around power steering only. Then next belt is water pump only then inner (nearest engine) two belts go around the alternator and AC ...

From the front, power steering is lower right side side, AC pump is up top between the cylinder heads and the alternator is at the left side on a big thru bolt with the adjustable curved bracket and the triangular ish bracket. The water pump has the idler gismo which bolts on pretty much with the alternator bracket...

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Opps.... we're sitting here trying to remember how the accessories, and belts went on this thing.

It's a 440 with A/C in case anyone can shoot us a diagram or picture.

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
eyeteeth wrote:

Here's a pic from today... we camp a little differently round these parts. lOl.

Eye- this would DEFINITELY be the RV equivalent of a yawn lol- it'd
be hilarious if you had a red rug that looked like a tongue, and hanging from the middle of the front bumper, or you could do the "Alien" chestbuster thingy with the motor as the l'il gruesome
alien fella... or maybe a motor oil commercial...

I'll watch out for a manifold for thee...

your weird friend lol

marky
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Need some help.

I'm still looking for a replacement exhaust manifold for the passenger side. Needless to say from the picture above... I pretty much need it NOW. the old one is definitely junk.

Anyway... it's a 440, titles as a 79, but pretty much a 78. The casting number is 4041468-D. HELP!

UKdodge
Explorer
Explorer
He he, guess you are there for a day or 2..

I like the idea of running boards and fender flares, as soon as I replace the fenders that is. The salt on the roads in winter here destroys everything that isn't fully protected. When I stripped her down to the frame I rustproofed everything. I also put a thick polythene sheet between the frame and the aluminium sheet under the floor to stop the electrolytic corrosion which was pretty bad.

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
UKDodge

Nice rig, I like the front air dam under the bumper. That's cool. Some fender flares and running boards would be cool.

Here's a pic from today... we camp a little differently round these parts. lOl.

UKdodge
Explorer
Explorer
This is how she looked before I found all the wood rot.. She's a bit dirty but then she had already done 1000 miles on this trip in the UK winter...

I've put a few pictures in this album. I'm still trying to find the video of her stripped down to how Dodge made her..
http://s635.photobucket.com/albums/uu76/2manyprojex/Dodge%20rebuild/

MtnRubi
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I'd love to find a Tioga that nice around here.

lauchlin
Explorer
Explorer
New to Rving and this forum .I got a lot of good info from this place just want to say thanks ...

1976 Dodge tioga 2

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
^ you bet - and thanks, both of you ๐Ÿ˜‰

I can't wait to hear, Mark (thinking good thoughts)
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo