cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,367 REPLIES 8,367

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Yay!!!!!!
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
HOOORAAAAY!!!

Spent quite some time with a rather patient NAPA employee a couple weeks ago looking through the 'cable' catalog. It had a lot of line drawings and lengths, but no descriptions of the connections.

I found one for an old Buick I think that 'looked' like it might work, and talked them into ordering it so I could take a look at it.

It worked.

I now have a speedometer again! (there goes that excuse... like the thing would actually run OVER the speed limit for any length of time anyway)

Planning on finally installing the genny this weekend. Once again.. it seems the final stages of restoration have again been put on hold in lieu of camping. Maybe next year?

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
eyeteeth wrote:
Welcome... appears not to be in too bad of shape from the photos.

(427... I like that number lol)
LOL me too and its won't be long before there at 440.......LOL:C
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
mbryanr,

Glad it worked out for you.... post some pics when you get a chance.... and yes it is getting to be camping season, even in the north.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
skimask wrote:
A quick timeline:
15 days ago, I bought a 1976 Dodge Sportsman for $2,000. Needed help, wasn't sure what I was getting into. I named it Phil...for no particular reason.

http://www.bismanonline.com/getListing.php?tcat=10&cat=80&p=1&a=558766&ph=578553&fcr=1

14 days ago, I found this web site.
13 days ago, I found this thread.
Today, I finally got done reading thru all 427 pages of threads.
This has to be one of the coolest threads I have ever read on any forum anywhere. So much so that I have a folder in my bookmarks just for specific posts on various topics.
I've already started another thread in this section (http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23854253.cfm) about my trials and tribulations, but figured it was time I added to this one.

Cheers...
JDG
Looks good man. I too had to read 400 and some few pages here and it took me five days after 50 some pages my eyes was hurting but I got there, Welcome to the form, There is a lot of people with old dodges more than I would have thought.

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
mbryanr wrote:
ALnCORY...the carpet install went perfectly using the Home Depot 5x7 carpet as you suggested. Looks great.

Rooftop AC and generator is installed, which helped tremendously while I was installing the tile floor this week-end. I got the materials to insulate the doghouse and will hopefully have that completed this week as well. Maybe a new exhaust system if funds allow.

It's camping season!
Do you have any pixs of this posted.?????

mbryanr
Explorer
Explorer
One more item...found a '78 Dodge RV with a blown motor. They want $800...I want it for $500. ๐Ÿ™‚ The new tires and rims alone would be worth it. It has a new AC compressor, the side view mirrors and a many other "spares" that could be useful on our '77 Brougham.

mbryanr
Explorer
Explorer
ALnCORY...the carpet install went perfectly using the Home Depot 5x7 carpet as you suggested. Looks great.

Rooftop AC and generator is installed, which helped tremendously while I was installing the tile floor this week-end. I got the materials to insulate the doghouse and will hopefully have that completed this week as well. Maybe a new exhaust system if funds allow.

It's camping season!

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome... appears not to be in too bad of shape from the photos.

(427... I like that number lol)

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to our little corner ๐Ÿ˜‰

We love our old Dodges...

skimask
Explorer
Explorer
A quick timeline:
15 days ago, I bought a 1976 Dodge Sportsman for $2,000. Needed help, wasn't sure what I was getting into. I named it Phil...for no particular reason.

http://www.bismanonline.com/getListing.php?tcat=10&cat=80&p=1&a=558766&ph=578553&fcr=1

14 days ago, I found this web site.
13 days ago, I found this thread.
Today, I finally got done reading thru all 427 pages of threads.
This has to be one of the coolest threads I have ever read on any forum anywhere. So much so that I have a folder in my bookmarks just for specific posts on various topics.
I've already started another thread in this section (http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23854253.cfm) about my trials and tribulations, but figured it was time I added to this one.

Cheers...
JDG

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
Some of us haven't had time, money, health to do too much this year. Still trying to get a truck and get parts to fix the front end damage from last July's accident. Something about my doctors don't want me doing anything other than rest for 8 weeks after the heart surgery. ๐Ÿ˜ž
1978 21ft Tioga Dodge 440 Motor,
4.5kw Generac and 80 watts Solar
1984 Goldwing Interstate (Daily driver)
Misc Things I've done to my RV pictures

USAF Retired
To Err is human... To Forgive is not SAC Policy.

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
We spent the last 4 days camping with some friends. Hoping to install the genny next weekend. Everything else worked well. Learned a range I have to keep the RV level though, woke up the first morning to a warming Fridge. We re-leveled the unit, and froze everything...

Kids didn't want to go home.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
It is good to see this thread still going. I cranked up the motor home a couple of weeks ago. It purred like a kitten. ๐Ÿ™‚

The external generator started right up also.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
We got the 'new' tank with the first RV, the 19' El Dorado, so I don't know where the PO bought it. I can get the name off it, I think.

I have pics at home; I'll upload them when I get back.