cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

beniam
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to see you LeeAnn,Rudy.I have used mine yet either this year due to health issues.I have been working on it lately..Hope to fire it up next week..Glad to see all the responses..I miss the great posters here..Have great weekend everyone.. ben

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't put ours on the scales.

I would be curious, however, because we've added two gas tanks underneath. Ours only came with one 35 gallon tank, so we added another 35 gallon and a 27 gallon. Much better for any amount of driving, though it does tend to get tail-heavy. We pull from the back tank first, then the middle tank and the front tank last to help improve the handling as soon as possible.
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

Phantom59
Explorer
Explorer
I was curious if anyone here had put their class C across the scales? How much over the GVW were you? I'm at 10k with a 9k GVW WITH nothing special in the unit and not cram packed. Something interesting I learned while working at an RV dealership is that the camper only has to be below GVW when it leaves the assembly line. They don't have to leave room for the additional weight of water tanks and provisions.

RFV
Explorer
Explorer
beniam wrote:
Was wondering where everyone went of this thread?Was really active at one time??Did all the dodges die??I hope everyone is doing well.. God bless.. ben

My 1973 Dodge Sportsman is running and will be used within the next few weeks. I joined this thread late but have wondered what happened to all of the original posters.

Rudy

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
We're hopefully out enjoying our rigs. We haven't used ours yet, unfortunately, so,nothing broke or weird to ask about.

How's yours?

beniam
Explorer
Explorer
Was wondering where everyone went of this thread?Was really active at one time??Did all the dodges die??I hope everyone is doing well.. God bless.. ben

bingbill
Explorer
Explorer
my 260 has a 440 in it. The last owner pulled a rock crawler up in to the mts and never had any problem.

Phantom59
Explorer
Explorer
At this point I have way to much money in mine to do this and also almost everything has been replaced or rebuilt. Had a line on a class c chasis last summer with a complete 440 setup but I wouldn't have trusted it without a rebuild and I didn't have the funds for that.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a class c with a 360 first and immediately came to the same conclusion. Found the same length class a with a 440, bought it and sold the c shortly after.

Phantom59
Explorer
Explorer
I wish mine had a 440 the little 360 gets a workout on hills and doesn't like the mountains at all.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome, great job and good camping!

bingbill
Explorer
Explorer
cool. I'm going threw just about every part of my 260. Have a great trip!!

Glenndolph
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be north on 40... I grew up in Needles... but my wife grew up in Long Beach... thank God for AC... I had the cooling system gone thru and the tranny serviced for this trip...

bingbill
Explorer
Explorer
good to hear you made it with no trouble. be careful coming out this way, (az) it's been over 100 all June and looks like it's not going to cool down much. I have a m300 76 xplorer. If your coming threw Tucson and need anything, drop me a line!

Glenndolph
Explorer
Explorer
My '77 Jamboree is on a MB300 chassis and it has a 440 and a three speed automatic... we got it in SoCal and drove it here to South Carolina, and now we are going to drive it back to Mohave Valley, AZ in July... we came east overloaded.. but the ole girl just kept on going... this time we should be lighter, as we aren't pulling a trailer with my truck on it... I did have to loose the 16.5" wheels and tires and put 16's on it so my pickup and RV can use the same tires...