cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dewinterize a 2004 Roadtrek

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
My husband passed away last September and my son took the RT to a dealer to be winterized. Now I need to dewinterize it. The book is very confusing. Can anyone tell me an easy way to do this? Do I just use a pail under the drain and where is it? What do I have to do inside the camper to get it ready? Thanks. Jean
4 REPLIES 4

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dewinterizing an RV is not brand specific. They are all the same.
Here is one thread
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26914833.cfm

docnascar
Explorer
Explorer
De-winterizing is pretty much the same for most RV's. May be little differences in order from person to person, but it’s not that critical.

Drain FW tank.
If it had antifreeze in it, refill and drain until it all comes out. May take a few times...
Ensure HW tank has drain plug installed.
Connect Water hose to RV city inlet
Turn on each faucet "slowly" until it runs clear and turn off. (best to start at furthest end of RV) Do each one at a time... If you get a lot of pink from the hot water tap, that means your HW tank was not bypassed. Not an issue, you will just have a lot to drain.
Run shower and toilet until all clear. Run outside shower (if you have one).

Turn off water hose going to RV.
Fill FW tank while adding 1/4cup of bleach per 15G.
Un-bypass HW tank (assuming it was bypassed)
Using FW tank water supply, Run hot water faucet to fill up HW tank. When its full, air will stop coming out of faucet.
Run water from FW tank through system at each faucet (shower and toilet) until you smell bleach.
Turn off water pump.
Let it sit 24hrs

Turn on water hose going to RV (faster than using FW tank and pump)
Run freshwater through each faucet until you don't smell bleach. (you can manually drain and refill HW tank to make it faster)
Drain FW tank and refill with fresh water. 2 times to remove bleach.

Ensure your HW tank has water in it before turning it on.
Tow Vehicle
2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
6.0L gas. Double Cab

Travel Trailer
2020 Grand Design 2400BH

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry, but the search came up with nothing. I used dewinterize 2004 Roadtrek. It has to be year-specific. Thanks for the suggestion.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best way to answer you is to ask you to do a search for de-winterizing using the search function at the top of the page. There are a lot of posts on this subject and it is explained very well there.