cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hubby says we need more power!!

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Neptune pulling a Jeep Wrangler. The hubby is frustrated with the lack of power that it has when we are pulling on to highways and wanted to know if there are any add-ons to boost the power??? We purchased this unit last fall as our first Class A and would like some guidance from the veterans!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! 🙂
43 REPLIES 43

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a Cummins Forum site. Banks are not the epitome of electronic tuners. I wouldn't put anything Banks on any of my engines.This is just 1 company that does it.
https://www.heavydieseltuner.com/Cummins_RV.php
You can't murder an Allison. They will take 600hp.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Too bad no one makes a kit to operate the toad throttle similar as the brake system.

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
only going 45 MPG!

45 miles per gallon would be fantastic

people on here would sell their first born for that kind of mileage 🙂

sorry..know its typo, but couldn't resist

Oops!! :S

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a 1998 Newmar with a 210 HP ISB and 4 speed Allison and it took me cross county twice just fine. Back then, I would have thought 275 HP was a rocket. I Now have 340 HP and enter the freeway at the same speed but I can at least run faster than 65 now.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

MrWizard
only going 45 MPG!

45 miles per gallon would be fantastic

people on here would sell their first born for that kind of mileage 🙂

sorry..know its typo, but couldn't resist
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
Loving God's Country! wrote:
Thank you all for your input, we really appreciate it! After reading some of the comments to him he said, tell them I'm not trying to do a wheelie, just wanting to get a little extra power LOL! He's tired of going up inclines that are not steep, with his foot to the floor and only going 45 MPG! 🙂

like I suggest get this done
http://shop.bankspower.com/i-1124-63754-powerpack-bundle-complete-power-system-with-banks-idash-5-inch-monitor-for-use-with-2003-2007-cummins-isb-commonrail-pusher-motorhome-with-allison-2000.html?ref=category:82
Rear-wheel best gains of +85 hp and +203 lb-ft

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like your coach is pretty normal. My last one had an ISC 350 and was 38.5 feet. It was no hotrod. like Windmaker said have things checked out. Make sure there is good air intake and no exhaust resriction.
Add ons can sometimes work great but can also cause some serious problems as well.The one plus that you do have is most likely decent fuel mileage.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Learn to drive what you have and enjoy it. If you can't ... Smartest response was get a new motor home. Just keep in mind ... None of them are race cars. If you get where your going at the end of the day that's all that matters. Your talking about a few minutes ( not even that) difference in travel time based on your reason. It'll cost you more than it's worth squeezing more out of the engine and trans.

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your input, we really appreciate it! After reading some of the comments to him he said, tell them I'm not trying to do a wheelie, just wanting to get a little extra power LOL! He's tired of going up inclines that are not steep, with his foot to the floor and only going 45 MPG! 🙂

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Neptune pulling a Jeep Wrangler. The hubby is frustrated with the lack of power that it has when we are pulling on to highways and wanted to know if there are any add-ons to boost the power??? We purchased this unit last fall as our first Class A and would like some guidance from the veterans!

Get this installed will be glad u did
http://shop.bankspower.com/i-1124-63754-powerpack-bundle-complete-power-system-with-banks-idash-5-inch-monitor-for-use-with-2003-2007-cummins-isb-commonrail-pusher-motorhome-with-allison-2000.html?ref=category:82

JUST make sure its the 2003 common rail and not a 2002 engine!!!!!!!!!!

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Leave the Jeep at home, you'll be amazed at what it robs you in power.

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
I read the title and have nothing to answer but I couldn't resist sending this.

It seems whenever I hear "Need more power" the old days come to mind.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
hostage wrote:

a diesel pusher loaded and towing with the 300 Cummins is a dog for sure;; I assume its a ISC?
if it is here a cheap add on that will maybe get you going good enough
http://www.usdieselchips.com/ts-2110301

Not an ISC - as noted above the low torque ISB rated at 275 HP - 600 # tq with the Allison MH2000.

There really isn't much extra available to work with until everything is maxed out.

yes I was strictly going by OP whom said 300 cummins so I said IF its a ISC try this now once I look its a is a ISB 300HP motor

this is what the op needs to buy and install

JUST make sure its the 2003 common rail and not a 2002 engine!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce_Brown
hostage wrote:

a diesel pusher loaded and towing with the 300 Cummins is a dog for sure;; I assume its a ISC?

Not an ISC - as noted above the low torque ISB rated at 275 HP - 600 # tq with the Allison MH2000.

There really isn't much extra available to work with until everything is maxed out.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

hostage
Explorer
Explorer