cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWH Hydraulic Jacks

brick
Explorer
Explorer
I have older Kountry Aire and the jacks stopped working. No problems in past but when I tried to use them today they would not work. Batteries were good, brake on, switch on, light was on on control box but when I engaged all I got was a click from the front left of coach. I tried front back and sides same resort. Any suggestions? Brick
1997 Kountry Aire,Ford
Banks
Saturn L series
11 REPLIES 11

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
brick wrote:
Thanks for all the help. It turned out to be ground fault in another area. Works fine now.
Glad you got it working. It would be good if you can post where the bad ground was so that others with this problem could check there also.

brick
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help. It turned out to be ground fault in another area. Works fine now.
1997 Kountry Aire,Ford
Banks
Saturn L series

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
You don't say if you tried more than once over a period of time. I had a total hydraulic failure that "healed itself." Turned out a slide seal had dried out and stuck causing a self resetting circuit breaker to drop out. While I read a troubleshooting guide and scratched my head it reset and the next time I tried it worked fine tearing the stuck seal in the process 😞
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
jsmart wrote:
I found the fluid resevoir low on the HWH system I have on my 2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V. The two front jacks were not completely coming down or up, and then the front slide started to move very slowly when extending. I topped off the fluid resevoir and voila!, they work.

Low fluid or NO fluid would NOT cause a HWH jack to retract slow or not at all. Doug

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
I found the fluid resevoir low on the HWH system I have on my 2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V. The two front jacks were not completely coming down or up, and then the front slide started to move very slowly when extending. I topped off the fluid resevoir and voila!, they work.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

azpete
Explorer
Explorer
download a service manual from the hwh website for your leveling system.
it has wiring diagrams, and a diagnostic section that is easy to follow.
it should lead to a solution. it sounds like a failed 12 volt solenoid, but a hands on test will tell. pm me if you need help. i do work for hwh.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
That problem crops up on here frequently. It is most likely a bad ground. I had my tech put a new ground wire on mine and it has worked as new.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you post your model HWH it would be easier for folks to help. The easy things to check if you have the 200 series with the joy stick is the fuse in the control box I think it is a 3 amp glass fuse and the springs when you remove the to cover. There are 3 small springs that need to make contact with the control board.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Time to break out the volt meter and see where you lose it. Go to the end and work backwards: Pump> Pump Solenoid > Control board output relay> Logic Relay. Depending on the age there are lots of LED's on the board to tell you what's going on..

(Edit iphone spelling)
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like a relay operating (click). If you do not hear the hydraulic pump motor running it could be several things from dirty/corroded connections to an open winding on the motor.

Find the relay, (follow the click) check for voltage in and out, check the connections, (don't just look, remove, clean, replace)

There may be fuses at the motor, there are several in ours, which is a bit newer so it may be different. When our slides quit (same motor as jacks) the problem was an intermittent winding on the motor. Had to get the assembly replaced.

Good luck and please let us know what you find.

Doug_and_Cassi_
Explorer
Explorer
Is your key on? Some won't operate with the key on. Also parking brake must be set.