cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH Leveler Replacement Parts

Jesse_C
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace two hwh hydraulic solenoid valves for my levelers. I was able to find only 2 sources to get them, one was HWH factory and the other was the authorized distributor in Elkhart, IN. Of course, the pricing is exactly the same from either source and the factory would need 2 weeks to build them, whereas the other has them in stock. I was shocked at the price they put on these solenoids, $188 for the small one and $222 for the large can, plus tax (7%) and shipping ($10 - $15). I don't believe this is fair pricing, but given there are no other choices, not much to do about it but pay.
Jess, Jane & 3 Pups: Max,Munchkin & McGee
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R
2013 Ford Focus Toad
12 REPLIES 12

Jesse_C
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the information. I opened the small quarter inch manual valve (3 turns) last night. The jack went extended and retracted at normal speed. In fact it came up slightly faster than the other working jack. I don't believe the needle valve is getting enough stroke to fully open the port. Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and order a replacement valve.

DougRainer - I did pull the solenoid last night, the valve has a wire mesh filter screen around it, didn't find any contamination that would cause any restrictions. The valve did come out without any visible damage to the seals and didn't appear to leak after I replaced it.

I do appreciate all of the feedback, I think it's great how people on this forum are so willing to share their knowledge and experiences.
2013 Ford Focus Toad

azpete
Explorer
Explorer
yeah, all you have to do is use one of those new fangled printers
you run the faxed copy thru scan, hit print,
and there you are, a paper version of the solenoid.
as foghorn leghorn says,
i say, its a joke, son

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
J-Rooster wrote:
I got mine from the factory via Fax

Wow, I never realized you could send parts via Fax:B I know what you mean. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Tom N wrote:
Jesse_C wrote:
jlrobison
Thanks for the reply, that number is for one of the 2 sources.

Tom N
The problem with the one of the solenoids is with the needle valve assembly (I suspect) Jack is slow going down and up and sometimes will not retract without a little help. Checked the coil resistance and the voltage to the coil, both are okay.

You can remove the solenoid, then unscrew the needle valve. Soak the assembly in a solvent, blow everything out and reassemble.

HWH sent me rebuilt ones. I then send my old ones back for credit.

Download the service info from hwhcorp.com Great info in the manuals.

-Tom

DO NOT do this unless you have replacement O rings for the solenoid. Removing the solenoids usually destroys the O rings. If not destroyed it cause hairline tears in the old seals. As I stated, HWH only rebuilds YOUR solenoids as they do not have rebuilds in stock anymore. Doug

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine from the factory via Fax

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Jesse_C wrote:
jlrobison

Tom N
The problem with the one of the solenoids is with the needle valve assembly (I suspect) Jack is slow going down and up and sometimes will not retract without a little help. Checked the coil resistance and the voltage to the coil, both are okay.

You can remove the solenoid, then unscrew the needle valve. Soak the assembly in a solvent, blow everything out and reassemble.

HWH sent me rebuilt ones. I then send my old ones back for credit.

Download the service info from hwhcorp.com Great info in the manuals.

-Tom
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

azpete
Explorer
Explorer
doug is right.
open the solenoid to one jack at a time, and see if the jack extends and retracts ok.
it will go down, and right back up. if it does not. its the cylinder.sometimes there is a groaning sound with the process.
the solenoids are normally full open or full closed. if it had debris in it, the jack will leak down. that should not affect extend.

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a similar problem with my jack solenoid valve and it was simply a little debris that lodged in the needle valve. The shop removed and cleaned...all was well after that.

I don't have the HWH but the principle is the same.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. HWH will rebuild for about 1/2 the cost, but you must get Auth before you send it and you must send in your solenoid for rebuilding.
2. I have NEVER had a needle valve slow the extension and retraction process. The odds are you have a defective seal inside the cylinder. open the manual release T handle and see what happens. If it still EXTENDS slow, then rebuild it. IF it extends normal speed but retracts slow, replace the cylinder. Doug

Jesse_C
Explorer
Explorer
jlrobison

Tom N
2013 Ford Focus Toad

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
If you're handy you can rewind your bad ones. The cover just unscrews to expose the copper wire winding.

-Tom, W3TLN
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

jlrobison2
Explorer
Explorer
Call 1-800-826-6267 Good info . Service . & Parts