cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Sunday fill-ups

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
I've noticed that every time I fill up my tank on a Sunday, the truck drivers take the time to talk to me about my travels. Today, three of them asked about the coach, mileage, where are we from, etc.

Not that they aren't nice on weekdays as well, just seem to be at a slower pace and more relaxed on Sundays. I also like how 20-40% of the lanes are empty when I get there. Takes the pressure off to hurry up.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`
25 REPLIES 25

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
Working on something, if I can make a few shift arounds, we might just be there...I'm trying...this time Mark, I will bring the build sheet on my Entegra that well, got literally toasted....I just gave the Spartan tool that takes off the wheel hub cover to a friend of mine with an Entegra...he wanted an extra...

It would be great if you could meet up too. It's amazing what happened to your Entegra. Glad the RV company stood up and did the right thing.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
Yes, Holstein13, we should coordinate.
Do you still have the flintstone phone with no text? Call me or text me when you leave and I'll make sure to meet up. I really want to see your coach.

LOL! Well, I finally broke down and bought a new I-phone 6 that allows texting too!

I bought the app that allows me to connect to the coach remotely. I can check/change the air settings, turn on inside or outside lighting, adjust the heated floor settings, turn on/off the Espar heating, turn on the generator, see if the electric is good coming in, put the awnings in or out, etc.

So, I went from a flip phone to an I-phone.... big jump!

I will email you my cell number. My brother and his wife will be with us too following in their motorhome.

MM.
Mr.Mark

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I have had some very good conversations with a lot of truckers when I fill up. A lot of them plan on taking up RV'ing when they retire. Even during the week. I have loaned them my step ladder when there is not one available:)

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Working on something, if I can make a few shift arounds, we might just be there...I'm trying...this time Mark, I will bring the build sheet on my Entegra that well, got literally toasted....I just gave the Spartan tool that takes off the wheel hub cover to a friend of mine with an Entegra...he wanted an extra...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about that, Paul...give the honest guy a break..worked 18 hours yesterday...and your King Aire was just on the GAC channel as its featured coach for 30 minutes...beautiful piece of machinery...that KingAire would be a head turner at Hatteras...

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
Neil...the Elegant Lady will not disappoint you, the Star Trek doors are a trip ..just watch out for the cones (notice I did not say the slide) on the right pass side...Mark's Elegant Lady has the rare right front pass slide...Wish I could adjust my schedule to meet up with both of you...Stu.
I'm looking forward to seeing it, but my name's not Neil. It's Paul. Too bad you can't adjust your schedule. It would be cool to meet you as well.
`

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Neil...the Elegant Lady will not disappoint you, the Star Trek doors are a trip ..just watch out for the cones (notice I did not say the slide) on the right pass side...Mark's Elegant Lady has the rare right front pass slide...Wish I could adjust my schedule to meet up with both of you...Stu.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
When at home, Sun AM, early, is the best time to refuel.
2014 American Eagle

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
Do you still have the flintstone phone with no text? Call me or text me when you leave and I'll make sure to meet up. I really want to see your coach.
`

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Helmsey wrote:
holstein13 wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:

I can't believe it! Well, if you see us driving west on I-40, please blow the air horns! We'll probably stop in Crossville on the 20th then to Nashville on the 21st as I need to make a stop at Prevost Nashville for a quick stop to pick up a warranty part.
There is bound to be a Cracker Barrel or Walmart in Crossville. We should plan to meet there. I haven't seen your coach yet.

There is a Cracker Barrel at the 317 exit.

MM.
Mr.Mark

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:

I can't believe it! Well, if you see us driving west on I-40, please blow the air horns! We'll probably stop in Crossville on the 20th then to Nashville on the 21st as I need to make a stop at Prevost Nashville for a quick stop to pick up a warranty part.
There is bound to be a Cracker Barrel or Walmart in Crossville. We should plan to meet there. I haven't seen your coach yet.

There is a Cracker Barrel at the 317 exit.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:

`

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
While you guys are in the western part of NC..I'll be in the eastern/central part...then down to where I bumped into MM in Alabama...I love Asheville, and the next trip there besides the Biltmore again, this time, I'm going to hit the pinball machine museum...People underestimate the value and satisfaction of a good pinball machine. You should really hit the French Broad River Chocolate company, the tea house near it, and for Italian Food, Vinnie's....

We certainly want to catch up with you and Stella again. We are planning on Alabama in April like before. I want to see your new development in the works!

Hi to Stella, and pat the puppies on the head for us. The puppies are so cute and well behaved.

MM.
Mr.Mark

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
jfkmk wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
I've been moonshining as equipment hauler when my primary bussines died in bad economy and it is not fun.

Moonshining or moonlighting? If you're moonlighting, that's ok. If you're moonshining, you might not want to advertise it. The revenuers will be after you for sure!

you are right, it should be moonlighting.
Being that Sunday afternoon, you know what I had in mind. 😉