cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I love Sunday fill-ups

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
I've noticed that every time I fill up my tank on a Sunday, the truck drivers take the time to talk to me about my travels. Today, three of them asked about the coach, mileage, where are we from, etc.

Not that they aren't nice on weekdays as well, just seem to be at a slower pace and more relaxed on Sundays. I also like how 20-40% of the lanes are empty when I get there. Takes the pressure off to hurry up.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`
25 REPLIES 25

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
While you guys are in the western part of NC..I'll be in the eastern/central part...then down to where I bumped into MM in Alabama...I love Asheville, and the next trip there besides the Biltmore again, this time, I'm going to hit the pinball machine museum...People underestimate the value and satisfaction of a good pinball machine. You should really hit the French Broad River Chocolate company, the tea house near it, and for Italian Food, Vinnie's....
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
holstein13 wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
I never paid much attention about Sunday's being a 'lighter' day for refueling. I'll certainly keep that in mind for the future.

Holstein13, how many miles have your racked up so far, we are at 17,200. We started with 3,200 as the coach was brought from Canada to Florida for delivery. So, we've driven 14,000 since last November.

MM.
I'm at 14,265. At the end of my first fill-up, I was at 2,229 miles. I'm not sure how many I had on when I took delivery. I'm glad to see you are using the coach. Will you be in Asheville at the end of September? I will be. Then on to SoFla.

Yes, Sept. 15th-20th.

MM.
Darn, I am in Nashville until the 20th then in Asheville till the end of the month.

I can't believe it! Well, if you see us driving west on I-40, please blow the air horns! We'll probably stop in Crossville on the 20th then to Nashville on the 21st as I need to make a stop at Prevost Nashville for a quick stop to pick up a warranty part.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
I've been moonshining as equipment hauler when my primary bussines died in bad economy and it is not fun.
The law allows you to drive 11-12 hr a day and if you want to make money you have to stretch even that.
600 miles day after day every day, so no wonder that if you can't make delivery on Sunday, you relax and become totally different person.
I think that's exactly it. Few or no deliveries on Sunday so they can relax. Less traffic as well.
`

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
holstein13 wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
I never paid much attention about Sunday's being a 'lighter' day for refueling. I'll certainly keep that in mind for the future.

Holstein13, how many miles have your racked up so far, we are at 17,200. We started with 3,200 as the coach was brought from Canada to Florida for delivery. So, we've driven 14,000 since last November.

MM.
I'm at 14,265. At the end of my first fill-up, I was at 2,229 miles. I'm not sure how many I had on when I took delivery. I'm glad to see you are using the coach. Will you be in Asheville at the end of September? I will be. Then on to SoFla.

Yes, Sept. 15th-20th.

MM.
Darn, I am in Nashville until the 20th then in Asheville till the end of the month.
`

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
I've been moonshining as equipment hauler when my primary bussines died in bad economy and it is not fun.

Moonshining or moonlighting? If you're moonlighting, that's ok. If you're moonshining, you might not want to advertise it. The revenuers will be after you for sure!

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The law allows you to drive 11-12 hr a day and if you want to make money you have to stretch even that.
600 miles day after day every day, so no wonder that if you can't make delivery on Sunday, you relax and become totally different person.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:

MM.

Yes, Sept. 15th-20th.

MM.
Mr.Mark

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:

MM.
`

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
I've noticed that every time I fill up my tank on a Sunday, the truck drivers take the time to talk to me about my travels. Today, three of them asked about the coach, mileage, where are we from, etc.

Not that they aren't nice on weekdays as well, just seem to be at a slower pace and more relaxed on Sundays. I also like how 20-40% of the lanes are empty when I get there. Takes the pressure off to hurry up.

Ya know, in all the bad reports on truckers and how they've treated some of our fellow RVers on the road, that I've read on here, I can't seem to find any problems with them while out on the road. Not that I'm looking for problems with them. I too have talked to them at truck stops, restaurants etc. and, pretty much all of them have been real nice and cordial.

I'm not much for fueling at truck stops for my own reasons but, glad found a nice and pleasant experience with some of them while fueling up.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer

MM.
Mr.Mark

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I've been retired a long time but weekends still feel different from the week.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman