cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting class B+/C - is it a motorhome?

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Spotted on my lunchtime walk:

I now realize I didn't walk around to the passenger side to see if it had an entry door.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L
17 REPLIES 17

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sure would make a good looking and aerodynamic motorhome!

Thanks everyone!

SomeoneTakeTheW
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
Whether or not any conversion is a motorhome depends on how it used. You can't tell that just looking at it. A conversion can be a house, or it can be a luxury travel vehicle, or a specialized commercial vehicle like a mobile office.

Well, the company that supplies the shell says they only supply it to limo upfitters, so unless someone bought one and retrofitted a bed, a bathroom, and black/grey tanks, then I'd say that no, it isn't a motorhome.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I would call it a Class B if it's an RV
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whether or not any conversion is a motorhome depends on how it used. You can't tell that just looking at it. A conversion can be a house, or it can be a luxury travel vehicle, or a specialized commercial vehicle like a mobile office.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
SomeoneTakeTheWheel wrote:
That's the Mauck2 Wide Body Sprinter conversion for limo/executive travel.

http://www.mauck2.com/

xplorer wants all types of upfitters, RVs included.

if the build quality matches the looks, i cannot imagine why someone like sportsmobile doesn't use these exclusively to build the kind of quality rigs so many RVers say is lacking in the industry.

it seems like xplorer is a stealth company that wants to stay small and un-noticed. they build the shells for the LTV Serenity, but that never gets mentioned by LTV.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

SomeoneTakeTheW
Explorer
Explorer
That's the Mauck2 Wide Body Sprinter conversion for limo/executive travel.

http://www.mauck2.com/

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
rvten wrote:
Just a B. Van conversion.

An Italian builder in Australia did something very similar to a Ford Transit, beautifully finished, but a bit pricey

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
seems that starting with that body and building a compact RV inside would really change the van conversion business. it sure looks smooth.

i am thinking chinook and coachhouse size and quality, but perhaps with $$ savings if someone like turtletop can produce the RV shell in big quantities.

maybe xplorer makes them

Eyegor
Explorer
Explorer
I would call it a C. IF it was an RV, which I am pretty sure it isn't. Looking at the way the rear panel is installed and the fact that there are no hookups, vents, etc. to be seen streetside, I think it is a luxury minibus. Of course I could be way wrong. The body seems to be a Turtle or Aerocell package added to a Sprinter chassis.
87 Mallard Sprinter 24' Class C Ford E350 w/460 gas "The Runny Duck"
Shiny side up, Rubber side down.

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ah! Yea, that would make for a nice compact C. Much cleaner lines than the typical C.

RoadAbode, thanks for finding the unit and the link!

RoadAbode
Explorer
Explorer
Conversion Van - like that look though!
The RoadAbode Crew
Mike ~ Amy ~ Kimberly ~ Emily ~ and Molly the pup
RoadAbode Blog

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
rvten wrote:

i am looking at what appear to be 3 overhead runnibg lights that, i think, make it likely this isa B+.

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

burlmart
Explorer