cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is the little things drive me crazy.

Mick9064
Explorer
Explorer
Just opened my Sunseeker 2300 for the season.
Every water faucet works in a different direction.
Kitchen sink Hot counter clockwise, cold clockwise
Bath sink just the opposite.
Shower opposite again.
Outdoor shower both hot and cold clockwise.

Every compartment lock is different direction.

Electric switch for hot water tank on is down.

Come on people!
12 REPLIES 12

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Mocoondo wrote:
Until such time as the consumer stops buying garbage, motorhome companies will continue to sell low quality, inferior products with terrible quality control.

X2
When I was a newbie with my first RV a Class C I was traveling with some dog show friends. One had a very nice high end Class A.

I can't tell you how shocked/confused I was the first time I went inside their RV. The 'inside' was the same as my Class C!!! The exact same shower, the same bathroom faucets, same kitchen sink faucets, etc.

It was like they took the inside of my Class C and just slipped it under a full body paint MH.

Oh ya and by the way the temps dropped that night and they asked if I had an extra light bulb.....to put in their heated insulated water/sewage bay to keep the water from freezing! I thought what a hoot. Something I sure didn't need to do in my mid range C! :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
If the only problems you have is faucet on-off directions, and you don't have to replace faucets and other fittings DIY, coping with fast heat shrunk factory connections, be happy. We have some friends who don't know what a screwdriver is for, had dealer keep their rig and contents working. Must be nice!

Mocoondo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Until such time as the consumer stops buying garbage, motorhome companies will continue to sell low quality, inferior products with terrible quality control.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
We replace all faucets with the cheapest from Home Depot. Sometimes the quality of RV's is very questionable to me because the parts seem ULTRA cheap. Even the CHEAPEST from Home Depot seem so much more of quality.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my van for 5 years and I still have to think about the door locks. Some turn one way to lock, some the other way. And it's a stock van, not an RV!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Robocop
Explorer
Explorer
I see nothing wrong with all that. Improvise, adapt, overcome. Call me crazy but it becomes second nature even with all the stuff that does drive one up a wall.
Scott

2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V toad

"Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes."
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Dead bolt lock. Door handle lock and then a key for all the rest
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Mick9064 wrote:
Just opened my Sunseeker 2300 for the season.
Every water faucet works in a different direction.
Kitchen sink Hot counter clockwise, cold clockwise
Bath sink just the opposite.
Shower opposite again.
Outdoor shower both hot and cold clockwise.

Every compartment lock is different direction.

Electric switch for hot water tank on is down.

Come on people!

The RV company doesn't make the faucets. All of your home faucets have H&C that turn opposite each other, thats normal. Whether the Hot turns CCW or CW, well there is no industry standard, The RV company doesn't have a choice except to find different faucets.

All of my compartment locks turn the same way, but why three different keys?

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I watched my next door neighbor at a CG for a sporting event just going crazy. She kept coming in and out and hooking and unhooking up the blue tote. And then trying to pull it over gravel to the dump station. Like 5 times within the day!

I went out to ask if she needed help. New TT first trip and she was trying to handle 4 teenage daughters that were exhibiting at the show in several different classes per each daughter.

Here gauges said the gray was full yet when she pulled the lever nothing came out yet when she pulled the black it was full and gushed out filling her tote full up.

She couldn't understand why the 'black' tank was filling up so fast and she had to keep dumping and then dragging the heavy tote to the dump station fearful of sewage backing up into the TT.

Long story short:

The printed labels depicting Gray Tank and Black Tank above the valves?
Where put on in reverse! Gray label over black tank valve and Black label over gray tank valve.:R

The factory could not even put the labels where they belong. Making this poor woman just about have a stroke.

What she thought was the black tank per the 'label' on the side of the TT was actually her gray tank. She was relieved but 'now' she still didn't understand why the gray would fill up so fast.

I talked with her daughters and the problem with the gray filling up so fast was all 4 of her daughters taking 'residential' showers between each class that they showed in, all within one day! :E

God love that woman. Hauling a new big TT with a big dually solo just so her kids could get to the show.

I hope she looks back on that day and can laugh about it.:C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
OK, what's the catch? It wasn't that way when you bought it? You say season, When did you buy it. If it came that way, that's awful.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
Yup...I have the same issue with my trailer.....totally amazing how poorly these RVs are built and engineered.....and the crazy high prices we pay for this garbage....but we love it!
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the Q.C. inspector was having a bad day when your rig was built? 🙂