cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jersey Shore to San Antonio to Tucson via Rt10.

appd221
Explorer
Explorer
Taking the wife and two young kids cross country in class A. We are going to a wedding in Tucson. To keep out of freezing weather Im taking a southern route along Route 10. We plan to stop over in San Antonio for a day or so, and visit Sea World. Then to Tucson. Does anyone have any suggestions rest areas (Walmarts) safe places to park and sleep?
20 REPLIES 20

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
How many days are you planning for this trip?

Are you a member of the Elks? They have RV parks for member only that cost about $20 to $30.

Do you have reservations in Tucson? We're headed to Mesa outside of Phoenix on March 14 to March 19 and I had a tough time getting reservations.

Spring training and snowbirds booked everything up.

Don't know if they have that problem in Tucson though.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
An excellent option around El Paso from I 10 on the east side of El Paso is north on 375, north on U.S.54, northwest on 3255 which turns into NM 213, then west on 404 back to I10.

MUCH less hassle.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

appd221
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Get the Allstays app for your phone. It lists everything - campgrounds, Wal*Marts, Cabelas, Cracker Barrel etc. Also shows rest stops and truck stops, places to get propane. The directions aren't great in the app, but you can get the address and plug it into a GPS.

Also, check out Free Campsites

Thanks I will check those out.

appd221
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks afrescop we will look at Andmiralty. I am coming via 85 south and 10. Have you traveled any of this route and know of good hold over spots to catch some sleep. I like to drive straight thru with limited stops for a few hrs rest.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get the Allstays app for your phone. It lists everything - campgrounds, Wal*Marts, Cabelas, Cracker Barrel etc. Also shows rest stops and truck stops, places to get propane. The directions aren't great in the app, but you can get the address and plug it into a GPS.

Also, check out Free Campsites
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
You better check on Sea World San Antonio's schedule. It isn't open now but reopens on a very limited schedule February 24th.
There are two nice RV parks, Admiralty and Blazing Star, very close to Sea World. Admiralty is the closest by a few blocks. There are numerous Walmarts in the vicinity of Sea World. The one on Potranco (FM 1957) just west of Loop 1604 is where we shop. Occasionally we see an RV overnighting there. That Walmart is about a mile from Sea World.