cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

knock sensor location

late_bloomer
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me where to find the knock sensor on a 2005 Dolphin MH. It has an 8.1 chevrolet engine. Thanks
I got here as quick as I could.
5 REPLIES 5

DANO2014
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Allegro Gas Unit with a Chevy 8.1L..they were 2 located on each side of the engine block...very easy to get to and change out. Ordered them through Amazon, very inexpensive but make sure you get the wiring harness with it because that was my problem. Noise Sensors were OK but changed them anyway.
I was concerned at first on the info I received that they were located under the intake manifold which would put you spending more money if that is your case.
Hope this helps you!
DANO2014
Allegro Bus 2002
Retired: Cameron Iron Wks
U.S. Army Veteran
Louisiana Masons

darbyjudy
Explorer
Explorer
If you are setting a knock sensor code be sure and check the wireing to the sensors, where it goes past the exaust manifold. On my 8.1it had gotten close to the manifold and burnt through the wire and was shorting out and setting a knock sensor code.
2004 Gulf Stream 36 ft Sun Voyager triple slide
Workhorse W22 8.1
2004 Saturn VUE w/stowmaster towbar
Two Ole Pharts & One Little CocaPoo named Cuddles

darbyjudy
Explorer
Explorer
Under the Exaust manifolds, one on each side of the engine.
2004 Gulf Stream 36 ft Sun Voyager triple slide
Workhorse W22 8.1
2004 Saturn VUE w/stowmaster towbar
Two Ole Pharts & One Little CocaPoo named Cuddles

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my 8.1L it is on the driver's side, under the exhaust manifold and looks like this:

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure on the 8.1, guess I could look at mine. On the 7.4 they were in side of block, below exhaust manifold. Look for a can maybe 1.5" screwed into the block with wires attached.