cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kwikee step motor

ricardo
Explorer
Explorer
Well I experienced the unfortunate event of someone pulling alongside and waving that our steps were down. After trouble shooting I determined the motor is bad. I have read that an auto power window motor is a direct replacement but how do I determine which one is correct? Are all the steps using the same motor? I found no informatiopn on the motor itself but of course there is a part number (9010000220)for my two step Kwikee. There is also a pin # 151000014 on the control board housing. Thanks in advance.
Rick and Sandy
2010 American Tradition 45ft
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy
18 REPLIES 18

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpy funny you would ask----the first one failed in 2 days, I took it back and they gave me another which has been flawless now for 2 years. They didn't ask me what I was using it for and it probably don't matter anyway because from the start they were used for these steps. And yes it has a lifetime warranty.

rad_valve
Explorer
Explorer
C-Leigh Racing wrote:
rad valve wrote:
ricardo wrote:
Rad Valve posted an interesting link. Steel gears but variable shaft lengths. Any one know the shaft lenght needed. I was hoping not to pull the motor before having the replacement.

The 210 and 214 motor is what Kwikee used on the steps. They started using those smaller motor in around may of 2002 and switch to the larger motor in 2004.http://www.amequipment.com/ame-products/utility-gearhead-motors/

Just noticing your screen name, where did the idea Rad Valve come from ?. Is it like in Boysene Rad Valve.
Neil

Yes I like 2 Strokes.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I changed mine with a Dorman power window motor for a Ford from Autozone---drivers side front if I remember right $29.00 with lifetime warranty.

are you sure they would give you a lifetime warranty if they knew you were using it for another non-approved use?
bumpy

Seriously :S
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
rad valve wrote:
ricardo wrote:
Rad Valve posted an interesting link. Steel gears but variable shaft lengths. Any one know the shaft lenght needed. I was hoping not to pull the motor before having the replacement.

The 210 and 214 motor is what Kwikee used on the steps. They started using those smaller motor in around may of 2002 and switch to the larger motor in 2004.http://www.amequipment.com/ame-products/utility-gearhead-motors/

Just noticing your screen name, where did the idea Rad Valve come from ?. Is it like in Boysene Rad Valve.
Neil

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I changed mine with a Dorman power window motor for a Ford from Autozone---drivers side front if I remember right $29.00 with lifetime warranty.

are you sure they would give you a lifetime warranty if they knew you were using it for another non-approved use?
bumpy

Autozone could care less what you use the motor for. I replaced the step motor on my HR and the awning motor on my 2nd. HR. If the motor fails, bring it back to them and you will leave with a replacement motor.

RonWSl
Explorer
Explorer
I've replaced that motor - not really hard to do - per the prior post, went to Auto Zone and got the Ford Tauras window motor. Do a google search, there was a site I found that had pictures of how to do it that really helped a lot - sorry I don't have the link anymore.

rad_valve
Explorer
Explorer
ricardo wrote:

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
Several times we have had trouble with the steps on ours, tried several things trying to make them work again & then fiddled with the magnets on the door, crazy steps go back to working.

Kinda like, theres some sort of electrical field flying through the air or something keeping the magnets from working right.
Neil

ricardo
Explorer
Explorer
Rick and Sandy
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy

ricardo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Checked and it's not jammed although was aware that can occur. It's off to Autozone.
Rick and Sandy
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:

bumpy

kokois1
Explorer
Explorer
You have a 2010 unit the same year as mine. This spring I thought my motor had gone bad also as my steps wouldn't close either. I drove it to the nearest camping center. They looked at it from underneath and said that I needed a new motor/power supply and they would have to order it. Price quoted was over $200.00. I came back home. During football season we camp at Lake Lurleen Srate Park in Tuscaloosa, Al. Close by there is a RV center, Country Roads RV, that done some work for me before. I called and talked to their Tech. He told me to stop by and he would check the step. He had it for about 25minutes and came back in and said it was only jammed. Loosened it, greased it and has worked like a charm ever since! Charged $20.00. Could yours be jammed?
Steve and LuAnne
2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform
Golden Retriever: KoKo

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III

rad_valve
Explorer
Explorer
ricardo wrote:
Well I experienced the unfortunate event of someone pulling alongside and waving that our steps were down. After trouble shooting I determined the motor is bad. I have read that an auto power window motor is a direct replacement but how do I determine which one is correct? Are all the steps using the same motor? I found no informatiopn on the motor itself but of course there is a part number (9010000220)for my two step Kwikee. There is also a pin # 151000014 on the control board housing. Thanks in advance.

http://www.amequipment.com/ame-products/utility-gearhead-motors/