Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Safe Alert propane gas detector

On our latest trip, upon setting up, the Safe Alert propane gas detector in the unit started malfunctioning. It was periodically beeping much like a smoke detector in your home does when the backup battery is dead. The warning light on the unit was f...

Dump

Our dump hose won't reach. We would have to get off the paved pad to make it work and we are worried we would get stuck. We have a Roadtrek Sprinter

What's Fair?

I know dealers have to make money too or else they wouldn't be in business but trying to figure out the MSRP and the "make offer" and the "show price" and the few that just put a dollar amount up and you wonder if they'll deal from that is frustratin...

Power Gear Slideout clicky, no movement FIXED!!

2005 Fleetwood Expy, Power gear slide out. Went to put the bedroom slide in and I could hear clicking but the motor didn't move.I figured out how to disengage the gear and turn it in with a ratchet to go home.I figured bad motor but not so sure now. ...

New to us Coachmen Freedom sewer connection seems very low

HelloWe took delivery of a 2006 Coachmen Freedom 314SOQ on Saturday (we traded our Sunline). As I was pulling into my driveway, my wife, who was following in our truck, noticed that the sewer connection barely cleared the road as I pulled up the sli...

GDC by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

cold weather travel

I recently purchased a 2014 Itasca Meridian 36M. Question is since the fresh water and black/grey tanks appear to be Heated, how low a temp can I safely travel (both furnaces on) and not have freezing issues? Both the dealer and factory give me CYA ...

aboeck3 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

upgradeing from carpet to tile or adura laminate

I have and 05 Phaeton that has carpet in the front half of the coach. It is very hard to keep clean and I want to replace it with either a tile or the Adura Laminate. I am leaning towards the Adura. It is flexible and extremely hard. Has anyone h...

Question on counter space and storage

So we are looking at class C's with bunks. One of the issues we keep finding is the lack of counter space! how do you prepare anything or have a coffee maker and toaster (or other appliance) out at the same time? even with the small extension there i...

Newbie class A owner, time for tires

Hello all,I have a new to me 1989 28' Mallard Sprinter, P-30, 454, auto, 49500 miles that has bridgestone LT215 85R16 tires all the way around. They look like they're right off the showroom floor. I bought the mh march of 2013 and drove 200 miles hom...

Cabover leaks - Would This Work

The current horror story thread detailing Coachman Leprechaun cabover leaks is unfortunately representative of very common class C events. Poor workmanship, combined with design incompetence are almost always present. After you own one locating, f...

fortytwo by Explorer
  • 68 replies
  • 0 likes

more power

I have a 2012 Chateau Citation 30 ft Ford 450. I have heard there are several things you can do to give it more power.Any suggestions?Thank you in advance, Sam

Need advice on tires.

Its time to replace the tires on my class C. This is the 1st time for me to get new tires for my RV. Any advice as far as brand and/or model?Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Gnome1 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Picking up our new baby today!

My wife and I take delivery of our new Freelander 19cb today! Happy Valentine's Day, baby!We had not planned on buying an MH. In fact we had just bought a really cool vintage Roamer TC two weeks before. Went to the Houston RV Show looking at accessor...

bglz42 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes