cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lighted assist handle

advachiel6
Explorer
Explorer
Broke plastic part of the handle on my 2003 Bounder and can't find a replacement anywhere. There are many on the internet, but not the kind on my coach. Each end cap has 4 screws and the handle is angled at both ends. Overall length is 20". Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

mscamping
Explorer
Explorer
I've got stuff from Fleming, there great to deal with and they'll have what you're looking for, I think.. Mike Mathews..
2003 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36 PBD - ISB 300 Cummins- Allison MH2000 5 speed
2013 Equinox w/Blue Ox Aventa II & SMI Stay-n-Play Duo
FMCA 331658 HRRVC 105155 Chapter - 57- Good Sam Life Member - Coach Net - 3/4 timers
Mike & Sharon

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
What you have sounds like my handle I have on my Fleetwood Expedition. I had a fog light go out and could not find a replacement, so I called Fleetwood @ 800 322-8216. You would probably need your FIN for your vehicle. They had the light shipped it without any problems.

Go to: Fleetwood RV factory service on google.

Good luck and safe travels, Bill.
03, Fleetwood Expedition, 39Z
300HP Cummins, 6 Speed Allison
2013, Jeep Wrangler Sport

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
See if one of these will work.
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Have a friend that went to a hobby store and bought a round solid rod of plastic or poly. He heated a piece and bent to match the existing fit. Had material to make it several more times.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
http://en.visonerv.com/
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
Found another place, which the link was posted in another forum. Not sure which site would have what you need. ITC-RV
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to look here Fleming Sales OEM
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

advachiel6
Explorer
Explorer
@FIRE UP: Good idea except the plastic is bent at 30 (?) degree angle about 3 inches from each end cap. If the bar were straight, your suggestion would be perfect.
@2ndhom: Have already checked both. No luck. Will probably replace entire assembly with something that is "close." The better half will LOVE that!

2ndhom
Explorer
Explorer
Give www.nwrvsupply.com a call. They have a very large amount of discontinued parts.
May want to check EBAY also.
Worth a try.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well,
Since you can't find the actual replacement, here's a thought. Are you looking for the round part of the handle that's actually clear? If so, then, this is only a suggestion here, go to a plastics supply place and look for either Plexiglas or Polycarbonate tube, in the same outside diameter. Have them cut a section and then make it work for your handle. I'm not familiar with your setup and how it looks but, on ours, I'd try that remedy if I couldn't find a replacement. Ours says "Itasca" on it, in vertical letters so, I'd either loose those or, I'd pay to have them machined into the new tube.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND