cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for someone who has a 2010 32' WindSport

logsfam
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me what kind of gas mileage to expect from a 32' 2010 WindSport with a V-10 6.8L engine and auto transmission with overdrive?

Thanks for your help.
13 REPLIES 13

179123fh
Explorer
Explorer
I got a 2011 winsport v-10. I am getting around 8 mpg in mountains getting 5 mpg

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
I know what you are talking about. You will have to boondock a few times to make up the difference between 7--8 miles per gallon.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
logsfam wrote:
What i am afraid of is the wind in front of me. I plan to move around quite a bit and can't afford for it to dip below 8 very much. Wondering if i could average 8? That I could live with.

The difference in cost between getting 8 MPG or 7 MPG is very small. If you travel 8000 miles you will use 1000 gallon at 8 MPG and 1143 at 7 MPG. Even at $3/gallon that's only $429 difference over the course of 8000 miles or 5.4 cents per mile.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
you will never average 8 unless you only drive when its flat calm,never see a hill and never drive over 55
2009 Challenger

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Mfan wrote:
If money is that tight, don't move on windy days

Heck, if money is tight, don't buy a motorhome.
2013 ACE 29.2

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Averaging 8 MPG is going to be difficult to maintain. Not impossible but difficult. You need to keep the coach weight down as low as possible, don't tow a car and keep your speed down. I'm four years older and a foot shorter with a Hurricane and I'm averaging in the mid sevens.

Can't say I've never bumped up against the top gear rev limiter, traveled as light as I could and never tower a 3600 pound car behind the coach.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
With a 75 gal tank on our 05 v-10, I can expect at least 600 miles on a fillup. Go about that far, wait for the next SS check, then go a bit further.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
I get 6 towing at 65-70
You could probably squeeze 7 not towing and 55-60
average 8 sounds like a stretch but I'm guessing on that one since that's not how I roll.....

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
You might realistically average 7 mpg if you keep your speed around 55-60. Run 70-75 and you will average about 5.5-6 range based on my experience.
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
If money is that tight, don't move on windy days

bobman
Explorer
Explorer
never exceed 55mph

logsfam
Explorer
Explorer
What i am afraid of is the wind in front of me. I plan to move around quite a bit and can't afford for it to dip below 8 very much. Wondering if i could average 8? That I could live with.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
8 mpg with the wind behind you.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.