cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to buy Allegro 36LA Opinions Please

JayDePA10
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to purchase a 2017 Allegro 36LA. Wondering if anyone has had any major problems and also if they are happy with their purchase. Also, debating whether or not to get the residential frig. Opened to any suggestions..........
20 REPLIES 20

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
We love our 2013 36LA. Bought ours off the lot. Think hard about how you will use it. We would love to have the credenza, instead of booth, the RR and much larger inverter. How about a Travel'r dish? 15K BTU AC/heatpump in the front is great. Love the ambience and a little heat with the fireplace. We have the hard L Sofa. With my back that is good and the bed is great. Some do not like the L Sofa. The new one is nicer than ours as it has better back and neck cushions. The straight sofa bed is very nice.

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2015 Allegro 31SA that we bought new. We have the residential refrigerator and love it. No more buying ice for a cooler because everything fits in the refrigerator. Yes we have had issues with the motorhome all of which I've fixed myself. Nothing major just small things. I believe there's not a motorhome on the market that your not going to have problems with of some kind.

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
I know a couple who live in a 2016 36la and they are quite pleased, their only problems have been with vendor products, the AC and levellers.

The coach is on a 24,000 pound chassis and may be at or near it's rear axle limits when loaded. On the other hand many gassers it's size are on 22,000 pound chassis and have shorter wheelbases to boot. Tiffin gets the basic bones (chassis rating and length of wheelbase) of their gassers down better than the competition.

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
Having looked and done much research on Gas MH's. I would consider Tiffin and Newmar the best options. They may both have issues as all RV's do but the customer service of these two companies is among the best.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with our Allegro Red. The company, Tiffin, is very consumer responsive. We had very few problems with our new coach. Wish I could say no problems, but that just is not the industry standard. Every MH I have ever owned came with problems. This one had few, and Tiffin responded immediately. (Arm rest broke, fabric peeled) Tiffin's response was faster and more direct than the dealers. E-mails are responded to on the next business day. I needed instructions on the sound system and windshield wipers...really, I couldn't figure them out) Our lifestyle has us vacation traveling to full hookup RV parks. I find, on pre-trips, that the frig runs about 8 to 12 hours on batteries, without restricting other power draws. If I were to drycamp I would probably limit frig door openings, and turn off most other power draws. But if drycamping is your game, probably best to stick with propane type frig, or add a bunch of batteries and solar. I run my residential frig 24/7 as an extra frig against the house. Works great. Enjoy, and Happy Trails.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
JayDePA10 wrote:
We are looking to purchase a 2017 Allegro 36LA. Wondering if anyone has had any major problems and also if they are happy with their purchase. Also, debating whether or not to get the residential frig. Opened to any suggestions..........

If you plan on boondocking you might want to stick with a gas/elec. refrigerator, otherwise reports are that the residential fridge is superior.
In my opinion Tiffin probably provides one of the better gas coaches in that class... and definitely provides the better support. That said, years of reading the Tiffin forums indicates their quality control has dropped recently , not to say they won't provide the needed warranty support after the sale.
I am a Tiffin gas coach owner and am very pleased with the coach . It will be my last coach. I suggest if you are serious about purchasing a Tiffin that you join and read the Tiffin RV Network forum . At last count I made it has about 15,000 members and is definitely the best place to gather Tiffin product information.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad