cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magik's Class A

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I got my Class C out of storage 2 weeks ago then bought a 25' Class A. It is a 1993 Damon Challenger and has a fuel injected 454 Chevy engine with overdrive transmission. We went to Willow River State Park in Hudson, WI with friends for our maiden voyage. Everything went well. We put on 350 miles for the test run. It tachs 2100 at 69 mph. Here is a picture of it next to the other one. It is only 2 feet longer.

94 REPLIES 94

Squealers
Explorer
Explorer
Great updates and thanks for posting. Did you sell the boat, and your class C?
2006 Four Winds Hurricane 34N
2014 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Toad

USAF Veteran. 75-81 SAC "Giant Talk" ATC-
Combat Crew Communications

Squealers = Steelers & Arkansas Razorbacks Fan

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I processed my receipts for 2014. I drove 5677 miles and averaged 9.5 miles per gallon.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
Last month we made a 3 day 300 mile trip. Last week we did a short 2 day 150 mile trip. Today I winterized the water system, added Stabil to the gas tank and ran the generator for 30 minutes.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I changed the temperature sender on the 454, fixed a terminal on the gray water holding tank and rearranged the holding tanks' wires so they would be more secure.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
We put on 400 miles in 4 days exploring the Bayfield, WI area.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I spent 5 hours cleaning years of dirt from the awning. Finally I will not be ashamed to open it.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
We took a 3 day trip of 350 miles.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I cleaned and polished the trim around all the compartments, windows and the door.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I spent hours removing the 2 seams of silicone caulk the previous owner applied to the rear end cap. That is the last of the silicone caulk on the RV. Then I applied Dicor caulk to the seams.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I polished the passenger side today.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I washed the RV and polished half of it with Nu Finish.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I processed my receipts and calculated my gas mileage. I averaged 9.6 miles per gallon for the 4300 miles. I was running the generator much of the time to use the coach's air conditioner. I am satisfied with the reults.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from Arizona. We put on 4300 total miles. We battled a large storm front on the way down. There was wind and rain through Minnesota, Iowa and part of Kansas. Then the rain stopped and the wind got stronger. The hammering wind popped loose the windshield 70 miles from Wichita. My wife had to hold it in place using a large plastic water bottle and the dog's leash. She wanted to stop for the night in El Dorado but I convinced her we had to make it to Wichita. That night they had tornados in El Dorado. After that, there were no storms until Iowa on the way back. We had heavy rain, wind and hail. The RV ran good and the windshield was the only problem we had.

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
magik235 wrote:
Today I checked the differential oil then added Lucas stabilizer and greased my RV.

Might like to check this out.additives
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
I exercised the generator, checked air pressure on all tires, charged the batteries and emptied it out. Tomorrow it goes into storage. I combined parts from 3 tire guages to make one that effectively works on my dual rear wheels.