cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid atlantic beachfront CG's?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all , looking for a CG in the mid Atlantic that is actually on or at the beach. The only one I know of is Castaways in OC MD and frankly after riding though it I wasn't impressed for the $100/night. Anyone know a nice CG on the ocean? I could go as far South as NC or SC.

Thanks
2013 ACE 29.2
11 REPLIES 11

RogerComm
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Myrtle Beach, being somewhat of a local, I prefer Lakewood Family Campground.
Roger & Denae
W4OHX
FMCA 334124

2004 Monaco Camelot 40PST
Lexus LX-470 Toad
Blue Ox/Brake Buddy

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a close to home 50 amp full hookup for $40 at the beach, your only choice is Delaware Seashore State Park. We prefer this park over Castaways because of the price. Cheaper and closer!
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

wrvond
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for Myrtle Beach Travel Park here.
2022 Keystone Cougar 24RDS
2023 Ram 6.7L Laramie Mega Cab

Myrtle Beach Travel Park in North Myrtle Beach.... You can sit under your awning and watch the waves roll in, if you have a first row site... We go every year..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
There are 3 private parks and 1 state park on the beach in Myrtle Beach SC and one more state park about 5 miles south of there. You can't put your TT on the beach but you are right there.

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Hatteras or Ocean Waves, NC OBX, are both very nice.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
without a doubt: Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach.....clean, beautiful, on the beach with concrete pads, full hookups, etc. easy to get to, on 17 business at the end of Rt 544...we've stayed there 5 or 6 years in a row.....
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package

hmknightnc
Explorer
Explorer
Pirate Land in Mrytle Beach is our favorite ocean side get away

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Hunting Island in SC is FABULOUS!! Right on the beach, $32/night, with water/electric. Two dump stations in the park. If you are going to go for longer than a few days, get a blue tote.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

eabc5454
Explorer
Explorer
Cape Hatteras KOA. Atlantic oceanfront sites are awesome. We're heading there after Labor Day for 9 days.

The campground was wiped out two years ago by hurricane Irene, so everything is brand new.

Elizabeth
2014 Thor Motor Coach ACE 30.1 (The Mothership)
2013 Honda CR-V (The Pod)

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
Assateague is very nice - part of it is run by the state, and the other is federal. Only thing is, you have to make reservations way ahead. There is also Frontiertown down there.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder