cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mouse in the house

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
With cooler weather setting in(northern MN), we've started getting mice in our unit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem....any suggestions to keep the critters out would be appreciated....
12 REPLIES 12

KimmyS
Explorer
Explorer
We had a mouse in the bottom of our rig, must of come from woods. We hung fresh cab in the basement section of our rig. I also hung them in bathroom cabinets and pantry. Replace them every 3 months. Haven't seen a critter since!

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Installed CAT! Always put the bait end toward the wall as they run around next to the walls.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Funny but true story. This past year a mouse got in our coach and started 'exploring'. He nibble off the top of a bottle of apple cider vinegar and slipped inside. I asked DW why she stored the bottle without a lid and found the little bugger inside the bottle. Pickled and dead....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cat, they didn't pass Go with our cat.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to also have one and the only sign of him is the occasional poop and pieces of foam from my drivers seat on the floor.It only seems to come out when I'm parked at home and not on the road. In fact our cocker hasn't been bothered at all either. That little dawg has one heck of a nose. I was having a real problem with something in the house and finally bought one of those zapper traps, but it finally faded away. It doesn't seem to be working in the MH either.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Rodents in a RV can cause a lot of damage and it can be expensive. Anyone needs to get them out of there RV ASAP! You need to use the device of your choice to get them out of your unit! I don't use any bait devices that will attract rodents to my coach that is defeating the purpose, especially stuff like Decon because they can crawl inside a RV wall etc. and die or chew up a water line. I haven't had rodents in my coach in a long time. I used a Victor Electronic Trap baited with nutty peanut butter. The rodent comes into the trap gets shocked and is instantly killed. I lift the trap up and the rodent slides into a plastic bag then into the garbage can. There's no handling or accidental touching the rodent. Once the rodents were gone I got very aggressive pulled out all drawers and put #00 Course Steel Wool in my RV anywhere I could find a cubby hole or runway. I also put #00 Steel Wool around my Gen Set unit, rodents love chewing wires they chewed the wiring harness in my Gen Set and it cost me $1,200.00 for the complete repair. Lastly I use 3 electronic sound devices inside my coach one in each end of my coach and one in the middle. I haven't had a rodent in my coach in a long time and, it's because it's to aggravating for them to move around or nest in there. Good Luck

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.earthkind.com/news

Trust me...it works!
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Now on a serious note. They almost always have to go up a tire to get to the under carriage of the unit. I put D-Con at the base of each wheel under my unit and have a pan of water under the unit. They will go for the water outside the unit rather than trying to get in looking for water after eating the D-Con
Dennis Hoppert

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I heard that they will only go to the peanut butter in a trap one time. They say it gives them an instant headache and they will not come back,
Dennis Hoppert

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
And if peanut butter, my favorite, doesn't work chocolate will. Melt a small amount and put it on the trigger. When it hardens, the critters struggle to get it off and BAM! one less critter.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Kemer. We recently bought a new ( to us) Fleetwood revolution LE. It came complete with a little field mouse. I had found evidence of it when cleaning right after purchase. But , being optimistic, I decided it had probably moved on after the unit was put up for sale. So, I cleaned and then we took the unit on a shake down trial campout. After returning I was removing perishable food items and discovered certain evidence that made me know the little hitch hiker was still in residence.

Being the great sleuth that I am, I left the peanutbutter crackers where they were, but the open end laying on a glue trap. Then in the next shelf down, I put a plain old mouse trap, baited with Peanut butter and really jammed that peanut butter really hard into the spring action lever. Well, the second night after I set the trap, I got him. He was a tiny little guy. Then I reset the trap because when you have one sweet little hitch hiker, you usually have several more. I checked that trap regularly for a couple of weeks, no more takers and no evidence of any about. So, my recommendatios for you is , no poison, You don't know where they will hide in your rig to die. then they SMELL. Get an old fashioned trap, use peanut butter, they love it, Really jam it down into that spring board. You will get your man. uuuhh, mouse. ๐Ÿ™‚
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE