cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My wife can't decide, Please Help

rv-dreaming
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is taking a survey, what do you prefer, booth or dinette table and why?
60 REPLIES 60

rv-dreaming
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your comments.

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
Booth. I was told we needed it for storage. It does not really matter much to me, we usually east outside, and when we do eat inside it is so rare that as long as I have a seat and a table I am good. Our booth has a leaf that goes in ut, and 2 regular chairs, so we get the best of both worlds.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
Family of 5 with an occasional 6th. I like the booth. 3 kids sit on one side, 2 adults on the other and I pull up a stool on the end (I am the chef) Makes into a bed for the kids in less than 30 seconds. Storage under the benches is fully utilized, one being accessable via an exterior storage door. Works perfect for us.

As you can see, preferance depends a lot on intended use and number of people.
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS ๐Ÿ˜› 2007, DD :C 2008

jimroach
Explorer
Explorer
DW only wants booth....why???? if you can figure that out you are a smarter person than me, won't even look at a floor plan that doesn't have a booth.
Jim, Bonnie, Dakota and Sapphire
2014 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Fleetwood Southwind

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
Booth for sure. But we have kids so like the extra seating for travel. Plus I like the extra storage.
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
Had 3 RV'S 3 dinette tables.

mscamping
Explorer
Explorer
Table and chairs.. We took our booth out and had a custom cabinet W/table(for two) and two chairs made up in Elkhart area at an Amish maker.. Why, too much unusable wasted space and the booth is for four and there's only two of us.. It also gave us more room in the RV since we have just one big slide in the living/kitchen area.... Mike Mathews..
2003 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36 PBD - ISB 300 Cummins- Allison MH2000 5 speed
2013 Equinox w/Blue Ox Aventa II & SMI Stay-n-Play Duo
FMCA 331658 HRRVC 105155 Chapter - 57- Good Sam Life Member - Coach Net - 3/4 timers
Mike & Sharon

michelb
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, the table and chairs are certainly easier to get in and out of and convenient to be able to move around as desired and probably more comfortable (although for watching TV or using the laptop, etc, I like the booth as it's a much larger seat) but I want the storage of the dinette, like having extra seats with seatbelts, like having the convenience of an extra bed if we need it and I hate travelling with loose chairs so dinette is an easy choice for us (our new-to-us mh come with a table and chairs and the first thing I did was find a used dinette to install).

FWIW, when we eat at restaurants, we often request a booth if it's available.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
We have had both and we prefer dinette which is what we have on our latest coach.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Table and chairs, with the kids we can pull it out over the linoleum so spills can be easily cleaned up. Did have to add some weight to the base to make it more sturdy.
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
There you have it, about 50-50. I've had both and the booth works better for us because of the extra storage and sleeping space but have to admit the table functions better for eating. Put the leaf in, pull it from the wall and its great for playing cards too. Only once, in a panic stop, the table took a tumble.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
Love the booth......would not want to lose the storage!
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We've had both; we currently have free standing chairs and a pull out table and we would go back to a booth tomorrow if we could. We find it simply more practical, convenient and it also provides more keeping space.

TRTTrving
Explorer
Explorer
Had a booth both previous motorhomes. Bought a used Motorhome this year and it came with a table and chairs. We are a family of 4 and both work well for us.

Pros and cons have been discussed pretty well. Since storage and sleeping space is not an issue for us, we love the table and chairs. Much easier to get in and out of, and someone doesn't have to move to let the "inside" person out.

Either way is great - we're RVing!

Trap
Explorer
Explorer
Have had both, while we really like the storage a booth has, we prefer the openess and flexibility of table and chairs.