cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NADA Prices

raymondmom
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to buy an older RV and I have been checking NADA suggested values.
Is there a specific reason why the NADA value rises by 10k between the 1994 and 1996 years?

National Sea Breeze
7 REPLIES 7

Jayco28BHS
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1995 Sea Breeze that we just got (M129). It has the Chevy P30 chassis and the 7.4L TBI engine. I think one reason the price jumped is the 1996 introduction of the 7.4L Vortec. That was a big improvement in engine technology. Just my two cents...
1995 National Sea Breeze M129
7.4L TBI
Retired USAF

Boonedocks
Explorer
Explorer
raymondmom wrote:
Thanks!
We are slowly learning the ropes - the cost of aging tires, leaky roofs, carfaxes, engines that have lain idle...

Be aware that a dealer would very rarely add any value off the options list. They generally only look at the base vehicle numbers.
2003 Country Coach Intrigue towing 2006 Ford Focus. Follow our full timing adventures at The BooneDocks

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
raymondmom wrote:
Thanks!
We are slowly learning the ropes - the cost of aging tires, leaky roofs, carfaxes, engines that have lain idle...

Good for you, take your time and get educated.

I'm guessing the jump is because most automakers are held responsible to have replacement parts for 20 years. After that, they no-longer have the responsibility to their customers. Nothing worst than having a perfectly good vehicle that requires a part that is unattainable or at such a price that it is infeasible to buy it.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

raymondmom
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!

Bruce_Brown
raymondmom wrote:
I am looking to buy an older RV and I have been checking NADA suggested values.
Is there a specific reason why the NADA value rises by 10k between the 1994 and 1996 years?

National Sea Breeze

May be the lack of financing options on the 1994. The 1994 is now at the 20 year old mark - something most banks wouldn't even consider.

I haven't checked lately but a few years back they also took a decent hit at the 5 year mark, then again at the 10 year mark.

When we traded our '03 in there was $15K difference between an '03 and an '04 of otherwise equal coaches - and the original sticker prices sure weren't that far apart.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
would make sense for a 1998 to 1999 Ford chassis. don't know why for 94-96 however.
bumpy

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make and model? Could be a number of things. Engine change, construction technique changes, changes to the chassis, a highly desirable option became standard,,,
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53