cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need advice on tires.

Gnome1
Explorer
Explorer
Its time to replace the tires on my class C. This is the 1st time for me to get new tires for my RV.

Any advice as far as brand and/or model?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
23 REPLIES 23

Gnome1
Explorer
Explorer
Bordercollie wrote:
Pick a name brand, shop around online for the best price, go to a local volume ture shop, show the manager the online deal and ask him to match it, get a price including all taxes and fees. I buy Michelins from Allen or Discount Tire stores. If you don't currently have long custom formed solid metal valve stems, have them installed for easy pressure checks and adjustment of pressures. Screw-on valve extension devices are cheap but not nearly as safe and reliable.

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~tire-man/products.html

I intend to have the new metal valve stems installed on the duals. Fronts already have them.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I put the wrong Michelin's on my MH and lost all my handling because the tread was too aggressive. Outer tread could be moved back and forth with 2 fingers. Truck driver showed me that. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Make sure you don't make the same mistake I did.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Pick a name brand, shop around online for the best price, go to a local volume ture shop, show the manager the online deal and ask him to match it, get a price including all taxes and fees. I buy Michelins from Allen or Discount Tire stores. If you don't currently have long custom formed solid metal valve stems, have them installed for easy pressure checks and adjustment of pressures. Screw-on valve extension devices are cheap but not nearly as safe and reliable.

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~tire-man/products.html

Gnome1
Explorer
Explorer
7,500 +/-

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
How many miles a year yoou plan to put on them?
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just put a set of Michelin LTX M/S 2's on our 24' C. I put them on my truck a couple of years ago as well and they were/are the best tires I have ever driven. :C

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Consider Hankook. I'll buy them again, they're good tires.

Gnome1
Explorer
Explorer
Its got kinds of a hodge podge of tire brands. Firestone, Multimile and I'm not sure what the inner duals are.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's on it now and are you happy with them?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT