cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help....

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
This is in regard to an '05 Itasca on an '04 F53 Ford chassis. Now the problem: I've lost ac power to the 110 outlets for the front tv and for the rear tv. All other ac outlets are working. I've checked for a tripped breaker in the ac box and there are none tripped. These two outlets were installed specifically to provide power for the TV's and the sat. dish. Because the two outlets are both out, there has obviously been a break in that line/circuit. But, I'm at a loss as to where to find the culprit problem. Any ideas, advice, counsel?? Thanks, Larry
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
15 REPLIES 15

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are several things it might be.. One of my favorite lines is that many RVers have a few screws loose.. In your power distribution panel there is a circuit breaker that powers these devices. (or it may be on a sub panel or on an inverter, mine is in a sub panel which is not in the same place as the primary panel)

One of the screws in my Primary took over 2 full turns before I felt resistance.. The wire was very loose and did not always make contact.

Then the power may run though one or more junction boxes or other outlets.. And again we have the potential for bad connections.

And wires sometimes break.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can understand the front TV being tied in through an ignition interlock but that does not explain the power being off to the rear TV. There is no legal reason to have an ignition interlock for the rear TV since the driver cannot see that TV.
I would guess that it is more of a 120 volt problem rather than a 12 volt interlock problem. Outlet wires can come loose and GFI's can go bad, as well as circuit breakers can fail to reset.

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
I'm the O.P.: I've tried everything all of you recommended but still no luck. I have a service contract and it'll only cost the $50 deductible so I'll be taking it to CW and let them figure it out. Thanks to all who responded. When I get it back, I'll repost and let you know what the problem was./ Larry
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
goufgators wrote:
Tom N wrote:
I own a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser.

Your TVs are powered through your inverter.

Check the breaker on you inverter in the cabinet above the passenger seat.

-Tom

Thanks, Tom! I was looking at that breaker yesterday and thinking I should check it. Will do today. I'll let you know.../ Larry

Does not appear to be the inverter breaker.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Tom N wrote:

-Tom

Thanks, Tom! I was looking at that breaker yesterday and thinking I should check it. Will do today. I'll let you know.../ Larry
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer

-Tom
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
tommy g wrote:
kdk wrote:
,,, also most MH will disable the power to the TV's when the ignition switch is on. On my MH this relay is mounted adjacent to the TV receptical.
Blessings KDK
I agree!
Same here. The relay works off of 12VDC power from the ignition switch circuits. If you have one of THESE you can test if the AC line to the outlets are hot. Also with one of THESE to check if you have DC power to operate the lock out relay.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
my front & rear TV outlets are on the same circuit with the bathroom GFI outlet, thru the inverter.....so, I would check or either inverter CB trip or GFI trip.........
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
kdk wrote:
Don't know what type inverter you have but most have resettable circuit breakers that control separate circuits. Check them and also most MH will disable the power to the TV's when the ignition switch is on. On my MH this relay is mounted adjacent to the TV receptical.
Blessings KDK
I agree!
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Were these added special after the fact?

No, they are factory installed to supply power to the front and rear tvs.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
goufgators wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
are any of these GFI outlets/circuits
bumpy

Bumpy: Good thought but no they are not GFI.

they don't need to be. check all of the RV for a tripped GFI and I bet you solve the problem. don't forget to check storage bays, too.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Were these added special after the fact?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
are any of these GFI outlets/circuits
bumpy

Bumpy: Good thought but no they are not GFI.
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what type inverter you have but most have resettable circuit breakers that control separate circuits. Check them and also most MH will disable the power to the TV's when the ignition switch is on. On my MH this relay is mounted adjacent to the TV receptical.
Blessings KDK
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo