cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need info on mid 90's p30 or 32 chassis

lg212
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 95 Allegro Bay on a p32 chassis and do not have an owners manual to tell me what air pressure I should run in the 19.5 tires and the chassis manual is no help. Can somebody help. Factory does not know either.

UPDATE: The factory told me about the plate on the door but it is missing. I was hoping someone with the same chassis, not necessarily the same manufacturer, would see this.
Leo & Danella, Katie the Shih-tzu and Bailey the Welch Corgi
34' Allegro Bay w/slide
ARKANSAS RAZORBACK ROAD HOGS
Hot Springs, AR
10 REPLIES 10

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
timmac wrote:
Jeez he just wanted a simple answer, 80 to 90 psi would be the range you will want to use in 19.5 tires, I run 85 in my fronts and 90 in back..

If a 110 lb max tire and a upper weight limit MH it would be severely under inflated. Giving info on tire inflation without knowing what tire the guy runs IS DANGEROUS.
The ONLY GOOD ANSWER is run at the max pressure on the tire UNLESS you weigh the rig and use the tire inflation guide for your tire.

If you note he has a 34 foot motorhome with one slideout on a P-32 chassis, his weight is about the same as mine so he will only need 80 to 90 psi on 19.5 tires..

Most 19.5 tires x 6 tires has a gross carrying weight of 27,000 lbs.

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 96 Allegro Bay 28 P30 (which is 29'6" long). I run 80 psi in the airbags and 90 psi in the tires. I have a Bridgestone M729F I've chosen for primarily winter duty. Like any winter tire it's more "wiggly" especially in the front. The tires I replaced aged out, but had the common side rib on the outside which was nice and sturdy for the steer tires & gave a beautiful ride, some of which I've sacrificed. I thought the rib looked like a liability for winter use. I wish these tires were more of a happy medium up front, but it's workable and when it's snowy & icy I'm right at home and I've never slipped in steering braking or accelerating (amazing).

Plate Info
14800 GVWR
GAWR:
5300 front axle 2650 gross front tire max load each
9840 rear axle 2460 gross rear tire max load each

Actual Scale Weights at half tanks:
12,640 both axles
4660 front axle (2330 front tire each)
7980 rear axle (1995 rear tire each)

I did the math at full tank loads, with people, food & luggage and I was somewhat frightened at how close to the max I must be all loaded down.
Noob, 1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 28' since May 2011

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
timmac wrote:
Jeez he just wanted a simple answer, 80 to 90 psi would be the range you will want to use in 19.5 tires, I run 85 in my fronts and 90 in back..

If a 110 lb max tire and a upper weight limit MH it would be severely under inflated. Giving info on tire inflation without knowing what tire the guy runs IS DANGEROUS.
The ONLY GOOD ANSWER is run at the max pressure on the tire UNLESS you weigh the rig and use the tire inflation guide for your tire.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

dbates
Explorer
Explorer
Click HERE for one of the best tire guides. It is Michelin specific but fairly well matches all other brands as it is based on tire size and MH wheel weight. It explains how to weigh your MH using different scale designs, to determine each wheels weight and then how to use those weights to determine tire pressure. It also suggests tire care and how to figure tire manufactured dates.
Scales are available at grain elevators, stone quarries, truck stops, etc.

Dave
Plus New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island & Nova Scotia

timmac
Explorer
Explorer

parkmanaa
Explorer
Explorer
Simple answer, lg212.
Weigh each axle of the MH.
Go to the tire manufacturer's website.
Find their pressure/load chart and apply the recommended pressure.
You are safe increasing that pressure up to 10% above recommendation, but don't,
as someone indicated, "just inflate to the max indicated on the sidewall" Bad advice.
Also, have the tires checked annually after 5 years from manufacture date, but don't just automatically replace at 5-7 years. You will not find a single tire MANUFACTURER that recommends that short a life. That advice/warning is purely MARKETING driven, to sell more tires.

"40 years in the tire industry; seen it all and done most of it"

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
I used the recommended air pressure for the weight of our MH, which worked out to be 80 PSI. I did not like the way it handled. I increased the air pressure to 90 psi and the handling improved. Remember the recommended pressure it the minimum that you should run, increasing the pressure can change the handling characteristics. For us, the increase made it less susceptible to being thrown about by passing truckers and it did not want to hunt as much.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Look to the left of the drivers seat. There should be a sticker with the inflation pressures.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
What does it say on the tires for pressure?
INflate to max on the tire and be done with it
or weigh the rig and follow the tire inflation guide for your rig.
BY THE WAY HOW OLD ARE THE TIRES? VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION.
NO matter how much tread if tires are over 6-7 years old and YOU DO NOT know how they were taken care of they need to be replaced. EVEN IF THEY LOOK NEW
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Proper PSI is based on weight (based on heavier wheel position on each axle).

Until you weigh it, refer to the GVWR plaque which is usually located in the driver's area. It will give the correct PSI for the OE tire size and load range (and it will list that as well) if each axle is loaded to its GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating).

The only other information source is the sidewall of the tire which gives the max load capacity and the PSI required to carry it. Hopefully, you will not need that much, as it would mean you have no safety reserve/the tires are carrying 100% of their design capacity.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/