cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New 4WD Sprinter to be introduced in USA by Mercedes

wintersun
Explorer
Explorer
Initially the 4WD Sprinter van will be used for commercial purposes but would expect it to form the basis for a 4WD Roadtrek MH.

http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel/equipment/article/story/2015/01/test-drive-sprinter-4x4s-traverse-rough-terrain.aspx?utm_campaign=topnews-20150117&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Enewsletter

One will not need to go to a truck and camper rig to have 4 wheel drive.
10 REPLIES 10

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
You can get them with the dually option. They have a smaller fuel tank also, and V6 only at this time
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
They are tall, so that is something to carefully consider. I've reported on units I've seen at auto shows.

I haven't seen any info on if you can get one with dually rear wheels. The ones I've seen are all single rear wheel. So that may limit payload, and even the length of which van you can get.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, been following this for some time now. Two 4wd options: single speed transfer case and a two speed with a low range for about $400 more. Do a search and you can already find some 4x4 vans for sale on dealer lots.

I'm looking forward to seeing some Class B's (and C's) come out with this option. We need additional clearance to get up our driveway and with 4.3" more clearance up front and 3.1" in the rear, this might be the ticket.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
jefe 4x4 wrote:
Are these AWD's body on chassis or unibody construction? That will tell how much twisting the body will get. It's good to see a version with a transfer case low range option. I like the sprinter concept. Not so hard core, but all business.
jefe

They are Unibody

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Are these AWD's body on chassis or unibody construction? That will tell how much twisting the body will get. It's good to see a version with a transfer case low range option. I like the sprinter concept. Not so hard core, but all business.
jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Advanced RV has been allocated 20 4x4 already and they are taking orders and will be delivering models soon. Here is there news release from November.

Meet EcoRanger, the All-Wheel Drive RV from Advanced RV

That's a big order for them because after 2-1/2 years in business I will be the 16th customer to pick up a custom ordered RV at Advanced RV. They are backlogged 1-1/2 years right now and I bet a lot of those orders will be 4x4. They are moving into a bigger facility next month.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
No problem getting them in Australia

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
Old news wintersun. MB has restricted production on this model for North America, so not many will be available.
Advanced RV in Ohio is already taking deposits for their first ones. Those will be some nice units for sure.
This also is not 4WD, it's all wheel drive. Not the same thing

According to the link it is selectable 4-wheel drive not the 4matic.

Sportsmobile is also doing the 4x4 Sprinter thing.
Ray

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
LINK
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Old news wintersun. MB has restricted production on this model for North America, so not many will be available.
Advanced RV in Ohio is already taking deposits for their first ones. Those will be some nice units for sure.
This also is not 4WD, it's all wheel drive. Not the same thing
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van