cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Ducato Slideout Motorhome

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Well for Australia anyway. Others have built slideouts on the Ducato in Australia, but this differs from the Winnebago Trend version of a Class C.
Photos a bit "wobbly" but taken with Ipad.

11 REPLIES 11

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
kaydeejay wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Driving on the right? About 75 countries.
India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Japan, Thailand, UK in that order the biggest.
Robert, surely you mean "driving on the left", or were you referring to Right Hand Drive?
And you left Australia, New Zealand and South Africa off your list. Not as big as India (3 x the population of the US) but still significant.

Referring to RHD. I listed the largest RHD countries. Indonesia and Thailand throw most people. Indonesia was a Dutch Colony but they had RHD, as RHD vehicles were easier to get. Thailand followed the English ways as did the Japanese I think.

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Japan, Thailand, UK in that order the biggest.
Robert, surely you mean "driving on the left", or were you referring to Right Hand Drive?
And you left Australia, New Zealand and South Africa off your list. Not as big as India (3 x the population of the US) but still significant.
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
The only other new model was the Trakka 800 Class C with a rear slide.There are new Class A's, coming from a well known manufacturer here as well, possibly later this year.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Similar to the non-slide Winnebago. You get stretched versions with the Ducato(28ft), they have a GCWR of 15,000lbs.
This AVAN one is their first slideout on the Ducato.
This is a 2011 Jayco Optimum, can get dual slideouts.

We don't get the 3-axle Ducato here in the US and we don't get the diesel yet, either. It's a pity.
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
India, Indonesia,Pakistan Japan ,Thailand, UK in that order the biggest.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
eric1514 wrote:
sch911 wrote:
Winnebago has a Ducato (Ram Promaster) based MH here in the states also!

Yeah, but not with a slide. There can't be much in the way of cargo capacity on that thing. And that big steel kangaroo catcher up front isn't helping the cause much either.

Similar to the non-slide Winnebago. You get stretched versions with the Ducato(28ft), they have a GCWR of 15,000lbs.
This AVAN one is their first slideout on the Ducato.
This is a 2011 Jayco Optimum, can get dual slideouts.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
kaydeejay wrote:

My perspective, having done both, is that it's not right or wrong, just different)

Makes me think how we imagine ourselves facing the future as it approaches us, while the early greeks envisioned the future coming from behind, leaving us staring at its passing - the past.

The early Greeks probably had it right.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:

Yeah, but not with a slide. There can't be much in the way of cargo capacity on that thing. And that big steel kangaroo catcher up front isn't helping the cause much either.
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
GrumpyandGrandma wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I keep forgetting you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.:B
Yeah, but they drive on the "RIGHT" side of the car!:B

BTW, tell that to the 60+ countries who do drive on the left! (OK, many of them are small! By population more than 75% of the World drives on the right)

My perspective, having done both, is that it's not right or wrong, just different)
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing. I keep forgetting you guys drive on the wrong side of the road.:B
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!