cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NO 12 Volt

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to help out a fellow RVer. Has a 2004 ish HR Ambassador , no 12V at all, lights, furnace, water heater nada. I have an 07 but they are very different. Checked pedestal, inverter, turned both off and back on hoping for a reset. His monitor shows only float charging, no error messages. He has had trouble with the "Salesman switch" so we by passed it at the relay. Still nothing.
Any ideas would help.

Thanks in advance
JW
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014
8 REPLIES 8

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
The KIB battery disconnect solenoid is stuck unlatched or it is bad...mine went out yesterday, uninstalled it accidentally dropped it on a landscape timber checked it with a meter both load and battery zeroed out....reinstalled it and Thank God it worked again.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
When you by-pass the 12 volt switch relay, make sure that you jumper the right two contacts and not the contacts that activate the relay.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Did he trip a switch on the inside of the RV? Do a search for "salesman switch" and you will find lots of information.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a similar problem and it turned out that the manual disconnect switch was bad. Originally I thought the switch was fine because it showed 12volts on both sides, but that was just a surface charge.

Power from the inverter/charger goes through the manual switch and then to the batteries. Consequently, I wasn't getting any 12v power to the coach. I hooked a jumper wire across the posts of the manual switch and "wollah" had power to the coach. A new switch(looked like the factory one)was $50 from Del City electronics.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem and it was this fuse. I have one in my battery compartment and one next to my charger/ inverter

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
No 12 volt at all implies nothing from either the house battery and the converter. There check what is common to both with a volt meter. Start at the distribution panel and move out towards the converter and battery.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Time to get the volt meter out and start back tracking. There may be a couple of circuit breakers on the inverter. Make shure you have a good power/connection around the "Salesman switch". I don't know if the "Salesman switch" is the main switch or just operates a solenoid.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
If the manual batt switches are on then it's probably an open breaker or fuse. Have you checked the inverter charger breakers?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad