cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No electric

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
We have had the 03 Fleetwood Rev. Inside and plugged in to a 30amp 120 circuit for 2 months.
Getting ready to take off next Monday and noticed that the battery state on the indicator was not showing full charge. And the load meter is not showing anything. No lights on at all.
The xantrex is showing 30 amp in breaker amps and a <10 and 11.5 DC volts. And it is on invert.
Help.
23 REPLIES 23

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Been there and done that. Thanks for getting back to us. Happy trails.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help. All the info helped me trace it down.
I slept on it and got up and went to church and on the drive home kinda figured it out.
I took the tester and tracked it into and out of the transfer box and into the breaker box. But nothing was coming out of breaker box.
I has cked the breakers first thing but it was not a thorough job because the main was tripped and did not look or feel tripped.
So flipped it off and on and bingo.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Revolution owner here.

1st question. Assuming you have the original xantrex 458 is the charge function selected on on the remote control panel over the door?

2nd question. You say the inverter is on. Is the little LED on solid or does it occasionally blink.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
Dennis,

Yes, irrespective of switch position, when the inverter/charger sees 120 VAC from either shore power or generator, it automatically does two things. "Passes through" the 120 VAC to all circuits downstream of the inverter/charger AND turns on the battery charger section. The switch only functions when no external source of 120 VAC. In the off position, the inverter is not in the "standby" mode which does take a small amount of power. In the on position, the inverter is in standby mode and ready to power circuits downstream of it.

In troubleshooting, I would start by turning off and back on the 120 VAC breaker in the main breaker box that feeds the inverter/charger. If that does not do it, would check the breaker(s) on the inverter/charger itself.

Depends which Xantrex inverter he has; on our Xantrex Prosine 2 the charge function is enabled or disabled by a switch on the remote panel as is the invert function.

OnaQuest
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
wolfe10 wrote:
Actually, most house batteries DO charge with the salesman switch in the off position. But easy to see how your works. Merely turn on the switch and see if the battery voltage comes up.
Sounds like an issue with the charger section of the inverter/charger. Inverter switch should have no impact on charger function.

You are correct, of course, Brett. However, if his inverter is ON, he may be drawing 120VAC juice from somewhere. If he's plugged in, the inverter should be OFF as the coach would get it's 120VAC needs from shore power. The fact his inverter is on leads me to believe he may have a problem either with his transfer switch or the 120VAC feed. Does that make sense to you? A lot depends on his charger also. If it's not a 3 stage charger it may not charge with the batt disconnect off, as it may only charge the starter batts..more info from the OP is needed....Dennis

What would being a three stage charger have to do with anything involved with charging, or NOT, with the disconnect switch ON or OFF?

OnaQuest
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
Actually, most house batteries DO charge with the salesman switch in the off position.

This is a true statement ONLY when an Inverter/Charger is installed.
To say that "most house batteries DO charge with the salesman switch OFF" assumes that MOST MHs are equipped with an Inverter/charger.

I suspect that there are many more low to mid range MHs sold without
Inverter/chargers, than with. Most would have a converter only, and that would be typically attached through the (salesman) disconnect function.

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I know how to do those.
I feel like there is a problem with the disconnect switch or a relay maybe.
The indicator lights on the inverter says : there is no external ac power.
But the power is going into the transfer box.
It must be getting lost after or in the transfer box.
?

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I know how to do those.

Argosy24
Explorer
Explorer
Time to do some voltage checks.

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
I have it plugged back in with the disconnect turned on. But there is nothing showing o. The remote.
Maybe my batteries are too low still for the in inverter to come. Back up yet.

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe that is what mine is wired up to do now. ?
Still not inverting.

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
Those Winne drawings don't show the charger. The Winnie's I have been around will charge as soon as shore power appears as it is wired direct to the batteries. The contactors only remove the house DC load, or release the engine alternator when not running.

Not ever having a DP. All my gas rigs. The batt's would not get charged if disconn. switch was in off position.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Those Winne drawings don't show the charger. The Winnie's I have been around will charge as soon as shore power appears as it is wired direct to the batteries. The contactors only remove the house DC load, or release the engine alternator when not running.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Been at a grnsns football game.
The coach has $12000.00 worth of solar panels on top. So before I left I parked it outside.
No change on the Xantrex. Still very low on battery reading. The solar is saying it is charging.
That guage reads: bat volt. 14.4.
Solar current. 21.9
Output charge. 22.2.
I am getting items together to test the converter and charge like suggested.