cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy Air Vents - HELP

Moffittclan
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a loud "chirp" in my air vents when I run the A/C at the two highest settings. I'm sure it's a bearing or something in the fan, but I couldn't figure out how to get to it...any suggestions? I took a video of it so you could hear it but I'm not sure if I can post the link here...I'll give it a shot... YouTube Video
23 year Active Duty Air Force
Waiting to retire (when I'm done having fun)
Empty Nesting it starting Summer 2016
2003 Damon Escaper 40' 3 slides (my first Class A)
330hp Cat 3126E
2014 Jeep JKU (toad)
6 REPLIES 6

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try to find the blower motor and use some lube on that. Probably a bearing. Some folks decide just to change the motor... I'm more of an oil type until failure. Use a good oil though, not WD-40 which really isn't a lube.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Moffittclan
Explorer
Explorer
J-Rooster wrote:
Maybe some type of lube sprayed into the back of blower assembly will quiet it down?

I tried a dynamic lube through the vent with no help...
330hp Cat 3126E
2014 Jeep JKU (toad)

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe some type of lube sprayed into the back of blower assembly will quiet it down?

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at the front firewall behind the front cap. My blower motor is easy to get to behind the generator access door.

It matched a blower motor for an 87 chevy van.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Moffittclan
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
my noise went away by it's self

That's what I hoped would happen but after 700 miles, it's still there...not constant, but every couple of minutes it will start again...
330hp Cat 3126E
2014 Jeep JKU (toad)

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
my noise went away by it's self