cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

noisy hubcap

trainguy233
Explorer
Explorer
I have noisy hubcap on rear wheel of my RV.I know the cap does not fit real tight. anyone ever have this problem before and if there is a fix? Thanks, Rick
9 REPLIES 9

trainguy233
Explorer
Explorer
I have a dually and simulator covers. The one on the drivers side rear is the one that is noisy one.The simulator seems to come loose a bit from the wheel and when Its tight against the wheel its ok for bout 4or 5 miles them noisy again. I am new to this site but everyone has been really great and I thank all of you for your information. Rick

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the rear covers on our C's duels. No need for them, just in the way. Front cap gets stones in it once in awhile but we are on dirt roads frequently.

I carry a small rubber hammer which works pretty good for making sure the front caps are on tight.

As stated above, switch them and see if the noise moves with it.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

ronfisherman
OP has a Class C motorhome.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Single, dually, Trailer motor home?
How is attached to wheel?

To many variables for a good answer
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
swap to other side also ck the tabs if is a pound -on
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it a Cap or a Simulator? Rear Wheel Simulator would be dished IN. A Cap would be dished OUT, like a Front Wheel.
How is it secured to the wheel? We have the popular VersaLiner Simulators. Six of the "lug nuts" on each one are fake. Two are real and tighten onto the tips of two lugs. I put electrical tape in a crosswise pattern surrounding the two holes that actually tighten. Then I found I had to snug the nuts more than the little tool that comes with the Liners. I use a socket wrench. This quieted a squeaky rear wheel liner. Hard to believe but those big heavy wheels flex as we drive.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I had a noisy hubcap and it turned out it contained a nut that a squirrel had stored away in it.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
posted a pic, of the hub cap. It might help
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit