cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our visit to the Nexus factory

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Having purchased our Nexus Phantom 23P (24'), used in Tucson we had never seen the Nexus facity in Elkhart IN. Our current trip took us that direction so natuarally we made plans to stop. They have 8 or 9 sites with hook ups and despite having bought used they welcomed us warmly.

I had them mount the spare tire under the rear of the coach so as to free up the rear bumper for my 2 bike rack. Also had them install another seat belt in the dinette facing forward. My third request was to check the fuel fill. Fueling had always been a major Pita as no matter how slowly I went the hose would burp back and shut off repeatedly. I suspected some sort of obstruction in the vent line.

What they found was that the vent line was fine but fill hose had a twist to it that significantly restricted the flow. While the problem originated at the Ford factory they felt that it should have been caught when the coach was built. They pulled and reinstalled the hose, added 5 gallons of gas. The coach is more than a year out of warranty, I'm not the original owner yet there was no charge and best of all it fuels like a dream. I could never let the pump just run, always had to hand hold to feed fuel but now it is set it and forget it.

The new spare mount is great and we love having the additional seat belts in back. They charge $75 an hour and do meticulous work. Our bill out the door was $300, no charge for the overnite sites.
:B
9 REPLIES 9

bzboy
Explorer
Explorer
Darn. Thought we were the only Colorado folks with a Nexus ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

But at least mines a 28P ha

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
rv.net OR irv2, I'm on both!
AbbyArts

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
That is great to hear Desert Captain and thanks for turning me onto this company.
I pick up my 24P next week, and so looking forward to it! The company has been great to work with, I made a lot of changes and modifications and they accomodated all. For those on irv2 and this thread, we have an informal email "Nexi" group with about 9 owners and wanna be's now, and would love to have you join us. Its a very supportive and informative group, we each give suggestions to each other and share ideas. Contact me through irv2, abbyarts
AbbyArts

BigD629
Explorer
Explorer
Reaffirms our decision of buying our Nexus! I had never heard of Nexus until ours came up for sale. After exhaustive research on the manufacturer and reviews from customers, we purchased ours a few weeks ago! I'm sure we'll be seeing Nexus become more and more popular as the word gets out.
2005 Foretravel U270,36', 400HP Cummins ISL
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Polaris Turbo

alliemac9
Explorer
Explorer
If anything ever happened to my C (knock on wood), I would beg Nexus to consider adding my floor plan to their line up (or building a one-off?) so I could keep my floor plan but get their quality/service. :B

(Note: haven't really had problems with our unit other than normal shakedown stuff, so this isn't due to a bad experience, I just like what I hear about Nexus.)
2007 Coachmen Freelander 2430DB + 2 dogs

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
This is great to know...they are high on my "when I win the lottery" list.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
Nexus rocks! Best group of folks to deal with.
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another great motor home customer loyalty story. They learned from the company just down the street from them (Phoenix USA). I especially like the idea of the camp sites with hook-ups, something Phoenix USA should consider.

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

Explorer1016
Explorer
Explorer
There are still a few RV manufacturers that go over the top to give a great customer service experience. My builder doesn't want to have anything to do with us and they have demonstrated that they are are real PITA. I talked to Nexus when we were shopping and I liked that they were in the Midwest and they were very helpful through emails and follow up phone calls. One problem.............they didn't have what we were looking for.
2008 Host 300 Super 'C'
2008 Ford F-550 Chassis
Diesel
4x4
Lariat crew cab
20' enclosed car hauler/garage
'87 Jeep rock crawler
Turbo'd