cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part number for Serpentine Belt

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone happen to have the part # for the serpentine belt on a 2003 HR Endeavor, 8.3 Cummins? Makes it easier when calling around checking prices. Getting ready to do my yearly service and thought I would change it out while I was under there and save the old one for a spare.

Thanks in advance for your help.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".
9 REPLIES 9

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
I hope that you can read the size on the back of the belt. Do not deviate from the required belt. If the parts guy tells you that a slightly shorter or longer belt will work go else where. In 92 or 93 the the auto manufacturer of the cars I worked on changed their A/C tensioner slightly but no one made the change in the parts system for the new belt. The new belt was only 2 or 3 MM longer but no one in the field knew this. This difference was found out when A/C compressors started failing after a warranty (noise) belt replacement. It does not take much increase in load to kill a bearing in one of the rotating items on your engine.

FrankK
Explorer
Explorer
If you have your engine serial number, call Cummins at 1-800-343-7357. They can tell you the current part numbers for the serpentine belt, fuel separator, coolant filter, and oil filter. They probably will not have the AC belt or air filter.

If you do not have your engine serial number, call Monaco at 1-877-477-6226. Give them the last 6 digits of your VIN and the can give you the engine serial number. Better yet, ask them to email or fax you the "Recreational Vehicle Data Card" for your coach. It contains a list of all of the major components, manufacturers, model numbers, and serial numbers.

Regards,
Frank

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Exactly.... only true way of knowing for certain.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I believe I will wait until I do the service, take it off and go get one.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

solidfiction
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
The chassis/coach maker speced and installed the belt, NOT the engine manufacturer, since they spec and install the alternator and A/C compressor.

not true.Cummins use serp belt for drive system and Seperate AC belt
Give your ISC engine number for correct belt.I have been through this and it is the way to go.OR if u know how remove belt and measure with a tape measure.I replaced my ISL belt 3 years ago and was asked for engine number which produced the correct belt

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
The chassis/coach maker speced and installed the belt, NOT the engine manufacturer, since they spec and install the alternator and A/C compressor.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Call cummins parts and they will give you the #!!!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

DonBaja
Explorer
Explorer
1995 Cummins 8.3 = Belt-Serpentine Gates Micro V AT K080610

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last summer we had a belt break on us while traveling north to Oregon on I-5. We first called CAT (the engine is a C7) and they told us that the coach mfg put their own accessories on the engine and therefore the belt can be different than what CAT originally installed. They gave us the part number that they said came was installed on the engine before it went to Monaco. We then called Monaco (Safari's and HR's parent company) and we gave them the coach number and they came back with another serpentine belt part number from the same belt mfg.

So, when we called the ERS to send someone out to replace the belt, we gave them both numbers and sure enough the technician brought both sizes with him.....guess what? Neither were correct. The Technician took the broken belt and went back to NAPA and got the correct size (plus a spare).

So, my point is... you really need to check the belt that is currently on the engine to be absolutely positive that you will be getting the correct replacement.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....