cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passenger side, stair slide

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
1999 holiday rambler 40' class A. At the top of my steps to get into the motorhome there is a slide out that seals the top of steps so the passenger has a place to put there feet while driving. It slides out just fine, but when pushing the button to retract it it doesn't move. Also at that time there is an air leak coming from the front end. I pulled out the generator slide and found the source of the air leak. I was thinking it was a broken air line or something. Off to the side in the front by the generator there is a small little junction box that has 3 ports with 3 air lines going to it, and one open port with nothing. When you go to retract the step slide there is a lot of air coming out of the open port. The air leaking last for about 30 mins or so ... then you can push the slide in and it will stay open.
11 REPLIES 11

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
Couldn't find valve locally, so I figured I would try to clean out one more time. First time I used Wd-40 and it would work at low pressure, but stopped at higher pressure. Took apart again and used some trans fluid (as someone mentioned) and took the c clip off top, cover and spring. Filled all area with trans fluid and reassembled. And it works ...... Put on this morning and tried it several times through out the day. We shall see ....... Thanks for your help.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
If you will put your part number, "Part # 45a-aa2-dfea-1ba", into a google search you will find at least two sources for your part.

Google is your friend when you're hunting motorhome parts.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
No Amazon

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
Part # 45a-aa2-dfea-1ba
Anyone know where I can get. Northwest doesn't show they have... They have a smaller one it looks like. Thanks

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Certainly sound like the solenoid has a failed seal but the rear question is does Amazon have it and is it Prime eligible.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
So ...... Took it off and cleaned in up with Wd -40. Took cover off and cleaned inside and the reinstalled it. I noticed it worked fine at low air pressure..... But when
the motorhome pumped up to correct pressure it didn't work again. Guess it needs replaced.?

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
You guys rock.... Think this is good to get me started.
Thank you

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I think your mac valve is sticking. You may want to try to disassemble and clean/lubricate it.

Some additional info in this link I found in another posting

additional info on step cover inop

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is a solenoid that is leaking. About $30 from Northwest RV Supply in Eugene Oregon. If you need a part number, I'll look it up.....easy to replace. To remove the air lines, push inward on the small ring right at the solenoid while pulling outward on the air line. The other solenoid there is for your air horns.....Dennis

P.S. It's called a step cover....D
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plug the open port and see what happens. Also can you see the retract air motor? Might be the one open port is where the air line to the motor is suppose to be.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas?