Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up unit on Tuesday

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
I am flying out and picking up the unit on Tuesday

I have read the Owner's manual cover to cover.

In most cases when there is any detail it refers you to the chassis manual.Chassis manual is with the motor-home and I will not have access to it until after I pick up the unit.

I have many newbie questions. I would like some answers before I get there so I have no delay in leaving to return home (40 hour drive).

tire pressure front and back, refer to chassis manual (Gillig chassis GVWR 31,000 Front GAWR 12,000 Rear GAWR 19,000)

Dip stick locations of engine and generator, refer to chassis manual

Do you run ceiling A/C units while driving? Hot in Phoenix (ok to run generator while driving, user manual says not to do so while sleeping??).

I drove big truck and have a CDL so know what to do in a pretrip.
6 REPLIES 6

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations! Enjoy your new coach!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Well back from AZ, left 2 PM Tuesday with the MH and arrived here in Rochester NY Friday at 12PM

Ran great all the way, small problems (wiper motor stalls when in high, some lights are burnt out (Interfere), Cruise does not work well) and one bigger one, it has a rubber roof not a fiberglass one spec in the ad. They had me though as I flow out and was not going to fly back because of the roof. It doesn't leak I took it through two truck washes.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Dadio24 wrote:
Running the generator while on the highway is not an issue. Dash a/c can't keep up all the time. I turn it off when fueling, just like the engine, so I don't get all those "your crazy" looks from others.

Thanks that is what I thought, but could not find anything in the owner's manual.

Dadio24
Explorer
Explorer
Running the generator while on the highway is not an issue. Dash a/c can't keep up all the time. I turn it off when fueling, just like the engine, so I don't get all those "your crazy" looks from others.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
2edgesword wrote:
Congrats and I hope all goes well with the inspection. Flip every switch, turn every knob and run every system. I'd bring a video camera along and video the walk through since you'll be inundated with information and it will be difficult to remember it all.

Sellers have not been very cooperative, not sure how a video camera would go over, I will not be rushed though.

Looks like I found the tire pressure answer. I wish there was a way to attach files (Gillig outstand people have sent me a chart for tire pressure, number of PLYs and load per tire), fronts look like between 110 115 on a 16 ply tire, and rears look like 90 each

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and I hope all goes well with the inspection. Flip every switch, turn every knob and run every system. I'd bring a video camera along and video the walk through since you'll be inundated with information and it will be difficult to remember it all.