cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasure-Way Lexor leaked - design flaw?

oldflyer
Explorer
Explorer
Still learning about our new-to-us 2009 Pleasure-Way Lexor. Today the rains came with a vengeance and, luckily, my wife needed to check something in the coach which was parked in our driveway. She came back and said there was water all over the floor and the carpets were soaked. Water was fairly pouring from the air conditioner.

I had backed the Lexor into the drive so the front was lower than the back. We have the older model where the roof air conditioner sits in a well molded into the back end of the roof extension. I didn't forsee that the well would fill up with water and couldn't drain out the back end since that end was higher than the front. So the water found it's way through the A/C unit into the coach.

I didn't think the A/C seal was leaking because we have driven in rain and parked in rain (level or back end lower) before with no leaks. This sure seems like a design flaw that I will have to remember to account for. I can see the advantage of the Cool Air A/C units that are mounted in the rear rather than on the top. I suppose P-W wanted to keep a low profile, so that's why they used the well with the roof units, and I do appreciate that the Lexor is under 9' high.

Live and learn. Hope everything dries up OK.
2009 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS
6 REPLIES 6

mikes47
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for posting. It certainly has raised my awareness.
Mike
RV = 2014 MB Sprinter 3500 long & tall from Advanced RV

oldflyer
Explorer
Explorer
Arizona Kid wrote:
I don't think it's a design flaw, just the only way it can drain. I think Rt warned about this is their manual.

I finally read the Lexor manual (hey, I'm a guy. Isn't that the last resort?).
TWICE doth it say, verily, do not park with the front end lower, lest the floods of wrath come streaming through the air conditioner.
Not a design flaw. A feature!
Chalk this up to experience...........and stupidity.

oldflyer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the "me too" stories. They helped affirm this was something to accept and deal with. After turning the van around, no more drips in the next rainstorm.

charles
Explorer
Explorer
You usually make the parking mistake only once. Remember it also if you ever have to leave it overnight for service or repairs somewhere to let them know how to park it. The Excel models were the same until the re-styled them a few years back.

Nick
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Always, if rain is forecast, park with the front higher than the rear.

Happened to me once, except I was driving from San Diego to Tucson in very heavy rain. Didn't realize it until the next day when I reached in to the drivers side far upper cabinet and got a handful of wet sweats.

whoops... meant to say the above happened when I had my 2003 Pleasure-way Excel TD.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Roadtreks, at least the older Chevy's with the recessed heat pump would do the same thing. Always, if rain is forecast, park with the front higher than the rear. I don't think it's a design flaw, just the only way it can drain. I think Rt warned about this is their manual.
Of course your drain could be clogged, but probably just the way you parked.