cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasure Way Lexor, older vs new, and vs Excel

ItsJustUs
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone who's owned or have been in the older aisle-bathroom Lexors compare them with the newer enclosed-bathroom Lexors regarding how open the inside space is? From the pictures and videos I've seen, the older (2009? and older) Lexors seem more spacious inside.

I finally saw an Excel the other day and wow... I really loved it. I know it's in the eye of the beholder, but the floor plan, openness, and inside fit/finish really outshined the RoadTrek 210s I've seen.

The only thing making me hesitate about an Excel is the sway problems I've seen reported, and it tows less than the Chevy-based Lexors. So if the Lexors (still haven't found one in my area to look at) are not *that* much smaller/different than the Excels, I think I'll love the Lexors. Can anyone compare them for me (Lexor vs Excel) as far as the roominess on the inside is concerned?
9 REPLIES 9

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
let me know if you'd like any measurements on my lexor.

I'm 6'2"- one trick is that I am fine in flip flops...in boots I gotta watch my head.

we have to watch out heads in the ac in the back and my wife ( 5'10") keeps banging her head when getting back into her seat up front when we are moving ( and it;'s not my driving!)

also never leave the doors open over the galley when prepping a meal- whack!

PW's are tricky when searching websites like craigslist, you have to search pleasureway, pleasure way, and pleasure-way

mike

ItsJustUs
Explorer
Explorer
Stan, the Travato 59K was on my list, and after looking at videos and talking to others who'd seen it (and owners), it moved way up on my list.

Then I saw it in person, and the Excel felt much more open to me because of the open space in the back and wider aisle. The Travato felt tighter/less roomy than I expected due to the narrow aisle between the beds.

Although I hope to spend most of my lounging time outside of the RV, I'll be using it as a mobile office at times, and think the Excel (and maybe the Lexor, if I can find one local to look at) will work better in that regard.

It really surprised me, though, because I expected to love the 59K. Goes to show that all of you Class B veterans are absolutely right when you advise people to go and see each model for yourself before deciding! I just wish they were as abundant in the southeast as they are in other parts of the US.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
We liked our 2001 PW Excel TD, got good gas mileage, was well made, had excellent factory assistance if you ever needed it, and we kind of miss it now that we've moved to a little bigger Class C. We looked at a lot of B's before getting the PW Excel, it suited us better than the RT and LTV models of that vintage.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I know you're set on the PW but if you really want an open feeling it would be worth looking at a Travato 59k.I looked at one and found it to be even more spacious in person than on video.The cabinet storage is also something to behold.Good luck with your hunt.

ItsJustUs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I've looked at videos of the Lexor, but haven't been inside one. The videos can make one look spacious inside, when the reality is much different (as with the Roadtreks I've seen).

I've been in the Excel, finally, and really liked the open feel. I don't need a lot of stuff, so I'll make do with whatever storage is available. Space is more important than storage (to me).

I love the Promaster Lexor, but I think I better try used first, and then if Class B's prove to be a good fit for me (as I'm 99% sure they will be), I may consider upgrading to a new model.

Thanks, again!

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
seems this'll be tough as most of us will only have 1 model.

an enclosed can will mean that much square footage devoted to the can.

on our 2006 Lexor TD, the doors swing open and can extend and latch to the galley cabinetry for "privacy".

opening just the forward door this way can also make for nice privacy for a quick nap in the back.

for us, it's just the 2 of us and privacy isn;t a big issue- and we only use the bog for liquids- no solids ever, not even paper.
this avoids all the chemicals and odors.
and we don;t use the aisle shower- we either use a campground shower or the outside shower

when not in use, the bog takes up less room than other models.

our Lexor is happy and comfy and smooth at 70 MPH- at 75 and 80- you feel the effects of the air on the body.
I find much of our style of travel is off the interstates- so 80% of our mileage is below 70 mph

the RT's tend to have more cabinetry- that can be handy if you have a bunch of stuff- PW's may seem more spacious but you have less storage...6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other.
for us, the PW has enough storage.
I prefer the more "open" feel- I can see all the way to the back while driving- see what my spouse or dog are doing back there...zzzzz

I assume you have watched a bunch of youtube videos showing different layouts?
Those are handy

Mike

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
I can't comment on the Lexor but I have a 2007 Excel TS. We are very happy with it: floor-plan, design, finish, etc. It is a widened body and that makes a tremendous difference in the roominess. The sway issue was more an annoyance than a show-stopper. I then installed the same rear anti-sway bar used on the newer models until PW stopped production. That was a huge improvement and I just put on new Michelin MS2 with excellent results in comfort (less noise and smoother ride). It now rides less like a truck and more like a car.
If you are thinking of the new Lexor, it's a completely different rig build on the Promaster chassis with a floor-plan similar to the previous Excel TS. You can check the video on the PW website. Loaded with great features (electrical system among others) but that comes with a price!
Alain
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults

dreed
Explorer
Explorer
My first PleasureWay was a 93 on a Dodge. When I first drove it on the freeway it was unstable. Found out the dealer had the front tires at 80 psi. Lowered it to 65 or so and tightened the steering box and it was much better. Had an enclosed bathroom which we liked but after some years got tired of crawling over each other for the bathroom in the night. So got the present 2004 Excel TD. Enclosed bath like before a bit more room in the aisle way and twin beds. Love it. Works for us. Previous owner installed active suspension and used the heavy duty tires and it drives fine. I normally drive 60 or so depending on traffic cause I am in no hurry. I had it to 90 once to just check how it was. Not a good idea cause I found out the tires were rated to only 95 mph. Anyway find out which one fits for you and test drive it on the freeway and see how you like it......
Dave 04 PW TD.

CT51
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Excel a few years back. Very well made, and very comfortable. The sway was an issue. If you're happy going under 60MPH, then no problem. If you like to cruise at 70 or more, which is one reason for owning a B, then you probably would not like it. It's not dangerous, just tiring to constantly be correcting the steering.

CT51