cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pre-Purchase Inspection Ashland,VA

emhunter2000
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Oregon and are considering buying a 2008 Newmar Grand Star FRED from a dealer in Ashland VA. Can anyone recommend a mobile mechanic in the area who could go to the dealer and check this out to the extent possible.

I would like the mechanic to check for road worthiness things like, fluids, filters, brakes,suspension, etc. As well as road test it to make sure it runs, shifts, and operates properly.

Since there is an outstanding brake recall on this model it will go to the Richmond Freightliner dealer before the return trip so I will get a more detailed evaluation before we leave, but after we buy.

Thanks,
Eric and Mary
2008 Gulf Stream Independence 8367
Freightliner FRED Chassis
Cummins/Allison
2008 Saturn Aura
5 REPLIES 5

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
I would also recommend you call RV Service of VA in Ashland. They are an independent full service RV shop and one of their techs may do pre purchase inspections.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Give a call to RV Service of Virginia, located in Ashland. http://www.rvserviceofva.com/

I can't guarantee they perform that service, but I will guarantee they are good people who know what they are doing.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might look for a RV DEALERSHIP that is also a CAR DEALERSHIP. Fredericksburg VA has one and their RV DEALERSHIP is on I95 almost to Ashland... SAFFORD RV in Thornburg VA.

SAFFORDRV
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

emhunter2000
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Check RVSERVICEREVIEWS.COM

Thanks for the input. It looks good for some states but there is not much for VA.
Eric and Mary
2008 Gulf Stream Independence 8367
Freightliner FRED Chassis
Cummins/Allison
2008 Saturn Aura

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check RVSERVICEREVIEWS.COM
Traveling with my best friend my wife!