cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Hydraulic Pump

Berner2
Explorer
Explorer
I have an '05 Alpine Coach and I'm having a lack/loss of power steering assist at low speed/idle. I have the MH in the shop and they have tested the hyd. pump and there is a loss of pressure at low rpms.

Basically it amounts to no assist at idle which means it is armstrong steering while maneuvering into tight places. The steering is fine/manageable when the mh is moving. The shop has called around and it appears that the pump is out of production in the states. They are looking at a 14 week lead time from England and a price of $600+. The money isn't the issue, it's the down time.

I am curious if anybody else has had this problem? Is there a cross reference to another pump? Sauer Danfoss is referring us to the UK.

The model # C45.ol35765160160

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance, Terry
6 REPLIES 6

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Side radiator? IN CA? Have a picture of it? Does it steer OK when you first start up?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Western (Alpine) built their own chassis, so finding the exact replacement is probably going to England, since Western has been out of business for years. That power steering system was probably designed only for Western chassis's. Doug

Berner2
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, Sauer Danfoss pump on an '05 400 Cummins

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
What engine do you have and what chassis?
Is that a Cat part number?
These ;eople may help.
Hydraulic pumps

OP has a 2005 Alpine, so suspect he has a Cummins ISL. Chassis is Peak-- exclusive to Alpine (and a very good one).
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What engine do you have and what chassis?
Is that a Cat part number?
These ;eople may help.
Hydraulic pumps

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Berner2 wrote:

The model # C45.ol35765160160

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance, Terry

Salvage yards?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.