cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quad Bunk Class A

78city
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of a Class A coach with quad bunk beds and a master bedroom. Two baths is an added bonus. I have all this in my Cedar Creek FW but would like a coach. We have four children so the addtional sleepting spcace is needed.
2011 GMC 3500HD SRW 4X4 Crew Cab Diesel
2009 Cedar Creek Silver Back 35L4QB
22 REPLIES 22

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:
Have you ever thought about a fire when you lock doors? A RV can desinigrate almost instantly. Also, carbon monoxide issues with lack of airflow even if someone uses a generator next door to you.

LOL, always amuses me the 'doomsday preachers' we see on here, and what they will suggest you should or shouldn't do all in the name of 'safety'. :R

First off, The lock I put on the door can be opened in a split second, with the flip of a finger. Door could actually be forced open pretty easily also, breaking the lock altogether in an emergency. We're not talking about a lock that would be used to seal off Fort Knox, but more something to discourage young ones from opening a door.

Second, the door is not kept locked all the time. Only time we lock it is when certain 'activities' are going on that would not be appropriate for children to walk in on, if you get my drift.

If the day ever comes that one is soooo paranoid about RV fire safety that they can't even put a lock on a bedroom door for privacy.....Well, thats the day I'd be giving up RVing altogether. Thats about ludicrous there.

Will
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Have you ever thought about a fire when you lock doors? A RV can desinigrate almost instantly. Also, carbon monoxide issues with lack of airflow even if someone uses a generator next door to you.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aughinblog wrote:
Willald, in our motor home we have a double sliding door to the bedroom. It is lockable, see pic #1---- also in the mid section we have another sliding lockable door see pic #2. Also as well in the bunkroom there are two lockable doors to keep unwanted intruders from being out. It can lock both ways, for their privacy and ours....

Ahh, that definitely helps with the privacy thing. Good idea there, especially on the bunkroom doors being lockable on either side. I like it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I just KNOW our luck, though: If we had a floorplan like that, one of the kids would just HAVE to get up and use the bathroom ('right now') right when we were 'busy'. Hahahaha!

Kinda hard to explain to a child to 'hold it' and stay locked in their bunk room long enough for you to 'finish', without pretty much ruining the entire moment/mood of what you were/are trying to 'finish' if you know what I mean. ๐Ÿ˜‰

..Whereas, if their bunks are on the other side of your room as it is with ours...They can go use the bathroom, get a drink, whatever, go back to bed, without disturbing anyone.

This was one of the reasons we hesitated for several years before stepping up from the quad bunkhouse TT we had before to the MH we have now. Didn't want to give up the privacy it offered. If we needed four bunks, we would have stayed in the TT and truck.

Will
Will and Cheryl

Aughinblog
Explorer
Explorer
Willald, in our motor home we have a double sliding door to the bedroom. It is lockable,also in the mid section we have another sliding lockable door. Also as well in the bunkroom there are two lockable doors to keep unwanted intruders from being out. It can lock both ways, for their privacy and ours.

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aughinblog wrote:
..Getting "busy" doesn't always mean it has to be in a bed.....

Hahahahaha, good point. ๐Ÿ™‚

Only thing is, what other area of a Class A MH has a lockable door or other way to prevent unwanted 'intrusions' when getting 'busy'? The bathroom? Don't know about you, but I really wouldn't want our 'busy' time to be restricted to the tiny confines of an RV bathroom (which in many cases would be standing room only, if there were two in it).

...Thats why the FIRST modification I did to our MH, the day we brought it home, was to install a lock on the (sliding) door to our bedroom at the back. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Like I said previously, if quad bunks were a must, we would have stayed with the towable RV (TT) we had previously, that had just that - quad bunks in back, bedroom up front.

Sorry, I know this is getting just a bit off the original subject, and may cause a bit of 'too much info', hahaha. ๐Ÿ™‚

Will
Will and Cheryl

Aughinblog
Explorer
Explorer
well why I here what you are saying, we are speaking of a Class A motor home. In a class A motor home this was a good solution. Getting "busy" doesn't always mean it has to be in a bed.....

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aughinblog wrote:
I talked to a few guys today from Day Bros RV's where I bought my coach and they said that quad bunk class A's were highly sought after and nobody is really offering them to the public! I thought what a perfect opportunity to start upgrading motorhomes with quad bunks. If anyone has a travel supreme like mine, I have a cabinet maker that will do this modification for $4,500. You would have to bring it to Kansas City to have it done. This is not a push on business just thought anyone would like to know. I hope you enjoyed my changes to our beautiful motorhome.

..The big problem I have with this arrangement, with the kid's bunkhouse being right behind your (master) bedroom: Kids cannot leave their bunks/room, without tromping right through your bedroom. Not much privacy there, IMO. Especially if we're talking about a full-timing rig with children.

I can just see what would happen with us if we had a floorplan like that: Right when the adults (me and DW) get 'busy' if you know what I mean...One of the kids would get up from their bed to use the bathroom or get a drink, and come tromping right in on us in our bedroom. Might have some interesting 'explainin' to do there, haha. ๐Ÿ™‚

If we had to have quad bunks and a separate bedroom, we would have stuck with the towable RV we had previously. There are tons of great floorplan choices in towable RVs (TTs and 5th wheels) that have a bedroom up front for the adults, and a quad bunkhouse in back for the children. Much better privacy with that arrangement, too.
Will and Cheryl

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
We have one that could be modified to add the extra bunks (only two right now). Master is separate and bunks in their own room (bath and half converted).

Pm me if you want more info.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

Aughinblog
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to a few guys today from Day Bros RV's where I bought my coach and they said that quad bunk class A's were highly sought after and nobody is really offering them to the public! I thought what a perfect opportunity to start upgrading motorhomes with quad bunks. If anyone has a travel supreme like mine, I have a cabinet maker that will do this modification for $4,500. You would have to bring it to Kansas City to have it done. This is not a push on business just thought anyone would like to know. I hope you enjoyed my changes to our beautiful motorhome.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what your favorite coach but you might want to give the factory a call and ask to speak to a design engineer from the factory. When he talks to you or calls you back he can tell you if they can install them are not! They actually enjoy doing this! I called HR one time to see if they could put a tub in a DP that had a shower that I wanted to buy in the early 2000.

mena661
Explorer
Explorer

Aughinblog
Explorer
Explorer
http://aughinblog.blogspot.com/p/rv-modifications.html

Aughinblog
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my class A quad bunk motorhome. I have put much effort into it to make it comfortable for my family. We have 4 kids of our own and are getting ready to go out for a one year Odyssey. This motorhome answered our question that you pose. How can we have quad bunks with a separate bedroom and have privacy and be comfortable for a family. I used my knowledge of RV's to find what I think it an acceptable answer. Feel free to give me feedback. We have been RV'ing since 2007 and own two motorhomes.

www.aughinblog.blogspot.com

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Anything with a bath and half with the rear master bath could be converted to quads. Newmar will do custom work.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold