cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quality of Forest River Berkshire motorhome

doriko
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 38 Ft. Fleetwood Expedition. Due to it's age and a few other things am thinking about trading it in on a 40 ft. Forest River Berkshire XL. Am wanting thoughts and experiences on the quality of Forest River products. I really wanted to upgrade to a Tiffin Allegro Open Road RED, but don't think can afford it.
4 REPLIES 4

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
I've talked with a number of Berkshire owners and found each one of them very happy with their purchase. They all bought them new!

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
Currently have a 2011 FR Berkshire, after having 2 Fleetwoods (Bounder and Flair SE). Have had less trouble with FR than the others. Compared Berkshire against Tiffin, and FR was much better deal and higher quality. Would buy FR again. Good luck!
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544

stallsmi
Explorer
Explorer
I have had terrible experiences with FR quality and fit/finish. Problems too numerous to list here. And it isn't limited to the lower end...I have a higher end trailer and have had nothing but issues caused by shoddy manufacturing processes and cutting corners. FR answers seem to be "come to our annual rally and we will fix your stuff." I don't want to drive to Indiana once a year to fix stuff that should've been taken care beforehand. Be careful, there are good ones out there but they have their share of stinkers!

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I would check the Forest River Owners Forum, might get more response there. I know they have a Berkshire section there.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.