cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quartzsite Parking

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know what they're charging for camping in the area just south of the big tent......on the west side on 95? What's the area called? As I remember there's a wooden building as you register just after turning into the area. I think I paid $40 a few years back for 2 weeks, just curious if it's the same or has changed. Thanks
Brian
11 REPLIES 11

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were always able to find our own lovely piece of desert in the free areas. 🙂
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
You're not likely to find much breathing room at free areas.

Yea, the free areas only add up to a couple of square miles, with a few hundred RV's that makes then nearly as crowded as 1 per every 100 feet or so. You can find your 'own' space.

I like the campground furthest from town, about 5 miles north, along Polomosa road (SP?). You cross a bridge, then turn right along a paved road, and go about 3/4 mile, and there is parking on both sides of the paved road, until you reach the camping limit signs, 'no camping beyond this point'. Usually there is plenty of space for a few thousand RV's and it is very hard packed gravel, very little dust.

The Long Term Visitors area just south of the tents tend to get crowded, due to many campers wanting to not walk a long distance into town, and not having tow vehicles. If I did not tow a car, I would probably rather be in a paid parking lot (still dry camping but water provided) and might even pay a bit more for electric, and stay closer to town to make travel by bicycle easy. Even many of the full hookup sites in town are only a few dollars per night, and worth it.

The LTVA about 1/2 mile south of the tents area becomes much less crowded, and you can have your own 300' of space between most campers. It is a REALLY large area!

Good luck

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Brian, the Dome Rock BLM Area is free! From the big tent as your heading West on that frontage road I-10 will be on your right go West until you come to the truck stop. Continue West on that frontage road past the truck stop and you will see signs on how to get to the dump. The road will fork the dump to the left and the Dome Rock Area stay right about 1/4 to a 1/2 mile. If you have a pet watch it closely lots of coyotes in that area.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
You're not likely to find much breathing room at free areas.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good to know. Have a trip planned there soon. 🙂
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
what are the closet Free BLM areas to the BIG tent area?

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are other BLM areas in Quartzsite that are free for 14 days.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Yip -- still charging $40.00 for 2 weeks and it IS called LaPosa West
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
La posa west. Same.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman