cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite, Where & When ?

mci7
Explorer
Explorer
Been wanting to visit the event at Quartzsite in Jan, never been there, hope sone obe has details of it .
Thanks
Dave M
Dave M
Central Virginia
Had MCI Conversion 20+ yrs
Presently 2001 Foretravel w/ISM500
Usual Toad 2004 F150 Ford w/Can Am 800 Max
43 REPLIES 43

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stay at Greasewood directly north of the big tent with a I10 underpass. Easy walk. Dry camping at $7 on the SW corner of 95 and Main. Heading west on Main make the first left immediately after 95 - as in "immediate" and not obvious.

There is a CG (full hookups I think) directly east across 95 and an easy walk.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Minnie_Collecto
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning to stop by Quartzsite and check out the RV show. We won't have a TOAD so is there RV overnight parking within a walkable distance to the tent. We would like to stay 1 or 2 nights but we don't need hookups. I noticed on their webpage that there appears to be a lot of MH scattered around the landscape below the tent. Is that available to the public? Thanks for your help.
Travelling with our spoiled 4-legged kids

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
CA Traveler wrote:
DSDP Don wrote:
Bring food! There are no real restaurants in town. There's a Subway, and a couple of other fast food joints. There is a bakery on Main Street that sells fresh pies.
Great post but I have to comment on this part.

While no real restaurants we love Silly Al's pizza and beer. Darlene's is good. And then there is the Yacht Club. A certified yacht club and membership will easily get you into other yacht clubs. For $20 lifetime membership you get a hat and tee shirt for $1 off per beer. It's the largest YC with 8,000 members but who's counting? Plus it fronts right right on the Colarado river, and if you believe that then you need a reallity check by visiting Q!
There's a Subway there? Is it next to the In n' Out??

I have a feeling this is going to be a good year, there are lots of posts popping up from folks that have never been
There is a Subway in the Big Truck Stop there on I-10! If you want to go to the In and Out you will have to go to Lake Havasu City and it's on Hwy. #95 (AZ. Side) one block north of the London Bridge.

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Jagtech wrote:
In my opinion, despite the crowds, Quartzsite is a must-see, if only one time, for every RV'er. Lots of deals, lots of great folks, an experience you'll not forget!

My sentiments exactly. Ive never made it YET....but its on my list for sure
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Roadmaster does as well. I think the service and parts are "free", but the guys all work for tips
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Also, there were always a lot of food places in the area around the big tent.... barbecue, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.

Also, Blue Ox sets up a refurbish/inspection tent for your Blue Ox tow bar. I'm sure the other brands do too. I would stop by there every year to have ours inspected. After several years, they replaced a couple of round plastic disks and new dust covers.... all for $25.

That's why I'll make it a point to go in Jan. '16 to have ours inspected again and refurbished if needed. Seems good now though.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:
There are a number of restuarants in town. I have eaten in several of them.
Yes there are and most of them are very good. Ate breakfast at Bad Boys on Kuehn St Sunday and there is NO where in SW AZ that serve as good a breakfast for the price.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
There are a number of restuarants in town. I have eaten in several of them.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Greasewood is on the opposite side of I10 from the big tent. Dry camping only on Main and underpass to the big tent. Easy to get to Silly Als for pizza and beer. SW corner of 95 and Main. Be there later in Jan, about $7/night.

Bob

Danhannah
Explorer
Explorer
We can only be in Quartzsite for fews days of the week before the big events - like January 7,8,9,10 or so.

Anything going on then?

We only have bicycles for transport - can you say where to park the RV? Would we need a reservation, or has that ship sailed??

THANKS in advance for some tips...

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
DSDP Don wrote:
Bring food! There are no real restaurants in town. There's a Subway, and a couple of other fast food joints. There is a bakery on Main Street that sells fresh pies.

While no real restaurants we love Silly Al's pizza and beer. Darlene's is good. And then there is the Yacht Club. A certified yacht club and membership will easily get you into other yacht clubs. For $20 lifetime membership you get a hat and tee shirt for $1 off per beer. It's the largest YC with 8,000 members but who's counting? Plus it fronts right right on the Colarado river, and if you believe that then you need a reallity check by visiting Q!
There's a Subway there? Is it next to the In n' Out??

I have a feeling this is going to be a good year, there are lots of posts popping up from folks that have never been
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
It starts on January 17th this year! And the event goes on for about a month the first two weeks the best IMHO! The event is always near the middle of January. See you in the big tent!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
DSDP Don wrote:

Bob

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
We are down here near Quartzite for our 9th winter in the area. We stay in an RV park about 15 miles east of Quartzite. We are big UTV riders and the trail riding is awesome down here, and that's one of the biggest reason we winter down here. As far as the show I would rate it ok, and as other have mentioned that if you have an ache or pain there are plenty of vendors that have a cure for you. If you have a car there are a lot of nice road trips to go on in the area, Lake Havasu is interesting, and one of my favorites is the Crown King area and Yarnell. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
I agree that Quartzsite should be experienced at least once. It's an experience. While we might buy a few items for us it's mostly about friends and people watching - the people can be very intersting.

The BIG tent and surrounding vendors have everything that you could possibly ever want to use your RV. If you can't find it there, you don't need it! LOL! Really??? Most of what is in the BIG tent is snake oil.

And the first year I went to Q I had a list of common RV items - not one was available in the BIG tent or any other area.

And above all stear clear of the 2 solar dealers. Handy Bob is 100% right about them.

Snake oil is a matter of opinion and I don't disagree totally. I was speaking generally. Quartzsite is fun to see and experience.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins