cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Y Pipe" on 2008 Fleetwood Fiesta

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
Mechanic says I need to seal a "hole or crack" in the Y pipe. Says it won't pass smog if I don't, and of course, its due for smog in May. Any words of wisdom? Apparently its an invisible "hole or crack" because we don't see it when we get under the RV to check it. Can it be sealed with a magic goo like JB Weld or something? TYIA!
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N
5 REPLIES 5

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Check you ford owners manual, your exhaust is part of the emission's system, and are covered by a mileage warranty. I believe Ford will fix it if you are under the mileage. Just depends on how much trouble you want to go through.
Wildmanbaker

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a muffle shop and have it welded, in cali it won't pass smog with that....providing the person looks.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
It could be a pin hole where the "y" pipe is welded together and is leaking when running. Just try to find it and get it welded up.
Wildmanbaker

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
What sealed with goo? If you can't see it how are you gonna seal it. X2 on new mechanic.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Find a new mechanic.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.