cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reclining sofa in Class C

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone switched out their OEM sofa for a dual reclining sofa in your Class C? Even though there is only my wife and myself, we would like to "kick back" when watching tv or reading, so that means one of us gets to lie on the sofa and the other has to sit in the dinette or small chair. With the double reclining sofa like we have in our home we could both stretch out at the same time and still have a sofa for visitors to sit on if needed. Any suggestions and information appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

DUNEBUGGYDOUG
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy-boy makes a dual reclining loveseat that would work for me.In my motorhome it can be no longer than sixty-five inches

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
Kidsgone wrote:
Checked on the sofa todayโ€ฆno company name on the sofa anywhere. Maybe Winnebago makes their own? I know they do all their own upholstery. Sorry, but maybe a call to factory would help.
Andi

Thanks a lot for checking on this. I will keep looking, at least now I know that something is available for this application.

Kidsgone
Explorer
Explorer
Checked on the sofa todayโ€ฆno company name on the sofa anywhere. Maybe Winnebago makes their own? I know they do all their own upholstery. Sorry, but maybe a call to factory would help.
Andi

Kidsgone
Explorer
Explorer
Be glad to Dennislanier! Ours came in our Winnebago Aspect, but going out to the storage area today and will look for you. I'm sure theres a name on it somewhere.
Keep you posted.
Andi

cycletwo
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced our sofa with a single recliner on a swivel base. Couldn't find a suitable dual reclining sofa at the time. As my wife must sleep in a recliner, this fits us very well. I still use a lawn chair in the asle as the second chair. Caution: some of the hold-down bolts for the OEM sofa do not drop to the ground but remain inside the flooring with no way to remove them. Caulked the bolt holes that I could reach. I built a sturdy, small, solid platform that is necessary when the slide-out is extended to provide a stable footing for the round chair base. Works very well. When under way, I place 2 tie down straps around the recliner arm to ensure the chair remains up rignt. BTW, it was a challenge to fit the chair into the doorway. Not sure if it will get out the same way. It is a very large, very comfortable overstuffed chair.

DaHose
Explorer
Explorer
Our jackknife has our water tank under it. Look under yours before you go getting any ideas. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jose

rivercity22
Explorer
Explorer
This is what we are going to do this spring when I take ours out of storage.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27279050.cfm
FOR SALE****2012 Georgetown 357QS*****

PM for details....

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
Kidsgone wrote:
We have a reclining sofa like the one Jim Shoe described. We love it and use it all the time. With the foot rest that pops up, we can actually get the two of us and our two labs on itโ€ฆlittle cozy, but thats how the dogs like it:)
Andi

Can you tell me that name brand and where to get one?

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the information so far. I had also thought about 2 recliners, but I still like the sofa idea better if I can get one that fits. We do have one grandson that might go with us sometime and he or I could sleep on the sofa if necessary. I will keep checking and see what I can find.

ronfisherman
We have looked at getting a Lambright Double Recliner but choose 2 recliners instead. Bradd & Hall has several choices besides Lambright.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
I removed the dinette and replaced it with a dual recliner in our Class C that we had over 10 years ago. We really enjoyed the conversion.

I used the old table supports to make individual TV trays that would swing out of the way when not needed. When in use, the tray was solid enough to use playing cards or holding dinner & drink. The tray tops were made from oak hardwood TV trays from Bed, Bath & Beyond. I just removed and discarded the legs. The tray bases were attached to the floor at the side corners of the recliner.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

Kidsgone
Explorer
Explorer
We have a reclining sofa like the one Jim Shoe described. We love it and use it all the time. With the foot rest that pops up, we can actually get the two of us and our two labs on itโ€ฆlittle cozy, but thats how the dogs like it:)
Andi

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a recliner in my living room with a foot rest that pops up. Extended, its 6 1/2 feet long. See if you can make it work before you spring for the dual recliners.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I remember seeing some posts recently about dual recliners replacement in RVs. might try a search.
bumpy