cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommended places to eat in or around Galveston, Tx

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for good eating spots in Galveston, Tx area. Any recommendations?
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA
16 REPLIES 16

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
All Right! The owner of Jamaica Beach told me in Jan.13 he was working to get them to come. Another feather in the cap for both these businesses.

Joe_in_Texas
Explorer
Explorer
Shrimp n stuff
Avenue O at 39 street......

great prices wonderful fool
its where the locals eat per city police officer

they also have a mobile location in Jamacia Beach on Friday, Saturday and sunday.....

cmalberto
Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
Definitely go to Shrimp & Stuff, the locals favorite.

A hidden gem.
Mickey Alberto
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 320BH

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
Wasn't real sure of the intent, most places suggested here would not very easily hold a larger class C
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh Kit, don't get your skirt in a twist ๐Ÿ™‚
Do come back and let us know what you think of the food.

You might want to delay that trip down here a little. It's colder than all heck right now.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

jmaotto
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the Original Tex Mex.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
gmctoyman wrote:
Since this is in the "Class C" forum, is he asking which are accessible when driving the Class C, or is the question mid-placed ?
Well, gmctoyman, I guess the question in really misplaced. Since I drive a class c and a planning a trip to the area I just thought I would ask. I do appreciate the suggestions from everyone and will consider this thread closed. Next time I will be more vigilent and place the comment in the correct place. Safe travels.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

artguys
Explorer
Explorer
tatest...there's nothing fancy about the Kemah Boardwalk other than their tourist trap prices. Shameful if any should take a bite on that advice. The only thing fancy is how Tillman Fertitta swooped in and took over. For us locals that remember the way it used to be with the Flying Dutchman, Jimmy Walkers, Joe Lees etc. all it is now is a big money play that adds to the Fertitta family empire.

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
Since this is in the "Class C" forum, is he asking which are accessible when driving the Class C, or is the question mid-placed ?
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

Explorer II
Explorer II
Rudy and Paco's is top of my list. It is Brazilian seafood and more.
I have not been to Shrimp N Stuff but I hear good things about it. You being from LA, try it and tell us what you think ๐Ÿ™‚
Some of the better touristy places on seawall would be Guido's, Saltgrass, Salsa's and Casey's. Mario's makes the best pizza but the rest is so-so.
There is a good Mexican pastry shop on Broadway and about 55th.
The Original Tex-Mex on 14th and Market
There is a fancy diner on Tremont downtown but the name escapes me. Maybe someone can fill in that void.
I don't know if La Nopalito on 26th is still in business but that was real Mexican

Willy G's on Harborside and 21st or so. There are other places in that area which is one block north from the strand.

There are so many more...

On Edit: The bakery on Broadway is Texas Star Bakery.
DW said La Nopalito is gone and I have been to Shrimp N Stuff back in '86. Yes, that is 1986 ๐Ÿ™‚ It's still in business so they must be doing something right. There is a Joe's Crab Shack at the 21th Street Pier as well.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fancy restaurants are over on the pier in Kemah.

Galveston has LJS, McD's etc. Like everyplace else.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Double dittos on Shrimp and Stuff.
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely go to Shrimp & Stuff, the locals favorite.

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
Topwater Grille is just off the causeway on the mainland. It's our seafood place.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot