cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommended RV Class A Insurance Company

Dave_Duck
Explorer
Explorer
I am brand new to the RV world and am in the final stages of purchasing a used 2004 34 ft. gas Fleetwood SW. What is the best insurance company to go with? I contacted Good Sam and the agent ran my quote thru several companies with the lowest one coming thru National General Ins. Co. However, when I looked at reviews on line for this company, everything said stay away from them, as they are a terrible company to deal with. This was quite surprising to me because I would have thought that a very reputable organization such as Good Sam would have received feedback on National General Ins.by now and would not be recommending them. Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.
31 REPLIES 31

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Cheapest is not always the best. Some of these cut rate insurers are great on the wallet until you need them. You always should take into consideration - how accessible and responsive will they be when you need them?
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

lemheli1
Explorer
Explorer
Try Erie Insurance. Best quote I have ever had
Fred Walters

I have had success with Progressive in the past but right now they are trying to say I have a $250 deductible on a windshield when my policy says plain as day "if we can't repair it we will replace it with no deductible" We will see tomorrow when I pick it up!

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I "had" a very good quote from Blue Sky insurance until today. I called to confirm that they were quoting the same coverage as our current Progressive coverage and it appeared that they did. However, the agent said he wished we had gotten together yesterday as they had a price increase as of today July 1. The quote went from $933 to over $1700! I politely said thank you and goodbye and hung up. I could never do business with a company that handles things that way.

An 83% increase??? Yikes!
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I "had" a very good quote from Blue Sky insurance until today. I called to confirm that they were quoting the same coverage as our current Progressive coverage and it appeared that they did. However, the agent said he wished we had gotten together yesterday as they had a price increase as of today July 1. The quote went from $933 to over $1700! I politely said thank you and goodbye and hung up. I could never do business with a company that handles things that way.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

chili_s_trip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sooner Schooner wrote:
Blue Sky out of Texas had the very best rate for us, check them out. The agency was based out of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

X2 Blue Sky through PoliSeek. One claimed handled slowly. $3k claim raised rates! Good luck.
Jack H
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Best" rate depends on your credit score and your history. If you're a full timer, your quotes are limited as only a few companies write full timer policies. Make sure you go with a company that is familiar with motorhomes or you may be disappointed come claims time....we use Explorer Insurance for full timing insurance.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We have had four different insurers in the last six years - Progressive, National Interstate, Geico (who insures our cars), and now Hartford through AARP. They all seem to low ball you the first year or two and then start raising your rates dramatically. Last year Geico was considerably cheaper than the others we checked, especially National Interstate. This year they raised their rates about 35% so we went to Hartford which was about 40% less than Geico. This is all for identical coverage. Who knows who we will have next year? As long as the company is reputable, I have no problem going with the least cost and changing every year if necessary. Insurance is insurance.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer
GEICO,,,!!!

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
FMCA, if you belong to them, youll get the best rate
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
Dave Duck wrote:
I am brand new to the RV world and am in the final stages of purchasing a used 2004 34 ft. gas Fleetwood SW. What is the best insurance company to go with? I contacted Good Sam and the agent ran my quote thru several companies with the lowest one coming thru National General Ins. Co. However, when I looked at reviews on line for this company, everything said stay away from them, as they are a terrible company to deal with. This was quite surprising to me because I would have thought that a very reputable organization such as Good Sam would have received feedback on National General Ins.by now and would not be recommending them. Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

Well, we've been insured with Foremost Insurance Co. since 1995 when we bought our 1st coach. Over the years we've been most impressed with their courteous hassle free claim service and annual premium rates.

Had a substantial claim back in 1998 with our first coach, around $9,000 or so. Expected my premium to increase, never did.

Based on my experience with Foremost, I could highly recommend them.

Best of luck with your choice and safe travels.....
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Sky for 4 years
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16